Re: 6 Tips for Creating a Kitchen Table Vignette

Valued Contributor

Thanks whitelinen! More good tips.

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

I understand having something decorative on the DR table but our kitchen table is where we eat 3 meals a day and I would not want to have to deal with something there, having to be moved all the time so I could put our food out. I also wonder - when you all make these vignettes and have them out on your mantel or tables etc - how do you dust them? I am a bit of a clean freak - having something out for 6 or more weeks collecting dust does not appeal to me at all.
Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Valued Contributor

Cute whitelinen! Thanks for sharing. I love these black/white ribbon ideas.

Super Contributor

On 3/4/2014 happy housewife said: I understand having something decorative on the DR table but our kitchen table is where we eat 3 meals a day and I would not want to have to deal with something there, having to be moved all the time so I could put our food out. I also wonder - when you all make these vignettes and have them out on your mantel or tables etc - how do you dust them? I am a bit of a clean freak - having something out for 6 or more weeks collecting dust does not appeal to me at all.

Yes morning lover, between you and me i never dust a thing.

Really, that's the only snarky thing you have to throw out there??

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting these! You always find the most beautiful stuff!

I decorate with vignettes throughout the house. I feel it enables you to take things you have, mix them up for different settings, holidays and occasions, and then I don't feel the need to buy "holiday" items. I get more use out of the things I have, without having to buy things that are only for one season or holiday. It is fun to see just how many different ways you can use what you already have and love.

Happy Housewife, decorating like this does require constant change every few weeks, or at the very least, tearing down and cleaning, then reassembling the display. It isn't for someone who doesn't enjoy housework or time spent maintaining. During the busy summer months, I do less of this, because I don't have the time to keep them as clean as I want. I tend to do it more for fall through winter.