Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,170
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 3 months to sleep on that TSV bed?


@Q2girl wrote:

Please go to the Select Comfort store.  We bought 3 from there.   QVC has a special mattress they sell and it's usually a lower quality one than the ones in the store.  Plus I think you need to try out the different ones they have in the store.  I wouldn't sleep on anything else.  I no longer have back issues because the mattress meets my lower back. Please give yourself 2 weeks to get used to it.  I didn't like it when it was first delivered and that was 14 years ago.  We still have the same bed.  By the way they have excellent customer service.  The movers dropped my bed into oil and in 2 days I had another topper for my bed.  Since they come in pieces,  you can always replace any of them at any time.  

 

 

@Q2girl  Have you found that after a while there is an indentation where you have been sleeping so have to move over more toward the center for comfort?  Since the mattress can't be turned over, how do you think this issue could be solved?


 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,137
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 3 months to sleep on that TSV bed?


@Q2girl wrote:

Please go to the Select Comfort store.  We bought 3 from there.   QVC has a special mattress they sell and it's usually a lower quality one than the ones in the store.  Plus I think you need to try out the different ones they have in the store.  I wouldn't sleep on anything else.  I no longer have back issues because the mattress meets my lower back. Please give yourself 2 weeks to get used to it.  I didn't like it when it was first delivered and that was 14 years ago.  We still have the same bed.  By the way they have excellent customer service.  The movers dropped my bed into oil and in 2 days I had another topper for my bed.  Since they come in pieces,  you can always replace any of them at any time.  


Great advice. My friend works for a famous mattress brand and she told me to go to the store and buy a bed in person. They make a lower quality bed for the shopping channels. I don't know why people buy beds over the tv and then have to deal with the huge expense of returning it. The store I bought my bed from offered free delivery and set up. They even replace a piece for no delivery fee.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,913
Registered: ‎08-20-2012

Re: 3 months to sleep on that TSV bed?

I'd go to the actual company store to get a mattress/bed.  

Does anyone know what happens to the matresses that are returned after they have been slept on for week after week?  are they resold?  are they disassembled and the pieces used to make other beds?  

If so are they sterilized beforehand?  So, can anybody shed some light on this? TIA

Super Contributor
Posts: 451
Registered: ‎03-25-2010

Re: 3 months to sleep on that TSV bed?

Henderson, yes some thrift stores do accept donations of mattresses.  You just have to call around. I am sure it would depend on the kind of mattress and age, though.  T & N will help with that too.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,958
Registered: ‎09-28-2010

Re: 3 months to sleep on that TSV bed?


@CaliKat wrote:

 

Buck-i-Nana,

 

Did you buy your Sleep Number Beds from QVC?

 

I've been interested in buying one for awhile now.  The prices are definitely better on QVC, but I'm curious if the quality of the Sleep Number Beds manufactured for QVC are the same quality that I'd get in the store.

 

 


@CaliKat - I'm so sorry, I never checked back on this thread!

 

Yes, I did buy both times from QVC.  I have a Sleep Number store nearby and went to the store and checked out the beds, then I bought from the Q.  I found the quality to be the same, just the names are different.

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,958
Registered: ‎09-28-2010

Re: 3 months to sleep on that TSV bed?


@kivah wrote:

Most people won't return this huge, very expensive bed. They will just suffer thru it. MaryBeth just said, "we got rid of our waterbed for this Sleep Number". Really?????? Sales speak!!!!!

The salesguy was just explaining how u put this bed together --- it will take 2 guys, one hour (at least). WOW!!!!! How would u ever be able to return it --- u need an army to remove all the bolts, etc.

Shop at ur local mattress stores for the best service --- and one-on-one advice from the salesperson!!!!! Where u could see and touch what ur buying. You don't need to spend several thousands of dollars on a mattress/bed.

Giving u 3 months to return --- another gimmick to motoivate u to buy!!!!!!

 

 

 


I assembled mine by myself in less than an hour.  Can't imagine why it would take 2 guys to do it, unless he was talking about the adjustable platform bed.

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,958
Registered: ‎09-28-2010

Re: 3 months to sleep on that TSV bed?


@Nicknack wrote:

@CaliKat wrote:

 

Buck-i-Nana,

 

Did you buy your Sleep Number Beds from QVC?

 

I've been interested in buying one for awhile now.  The prices are definitely better on QVC, but I'm curious if the quality of the Sleep Number Beds manufactured for QVC are the same quality that I'd get in the store.

 

 


 

I don't have a Sleep Number bed.  According to the store, though, the beds from QVC are not the same quality.  They're made especially for QVC.


The sales people in the stores work on commission, of course they're going to dis the beds sold on QVC!

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 745
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: 3 months to sleep on that TSV bed?

 

Buck-i-Nana,

 

Thank you for responding!  I've considered buying the ones from QVC because they seem to be much less expensive than the ones from the store. But I was worried they wouldn't be the same quality.  I'm happy to hear you've had good experience with the ones you've purchased from QVC.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,958
Registered: ‎09-28-2010

Re: 3 months to sleep on that TSV bed?

@CaliKat - you get the same warranty as the beds you would buy from the sleep number store.  I had a problem with the foundation on the first one I had bought when they first appeared on the Q.  I called Sleep Number, gave them my information and I was astounded when I got a total replacement foundation at no charge and it was delivered overnight to boot.

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 745
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: 3 months to sleep on that TSV bed?


@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@CaliKat - you get the same warranty as the beds you would buy from the sleep number store.  I had a problem with the foundation on the first one I had bought when they first appeared on the Q.  I called Sleep Number, gave them my information and I was astounded when I got a total replacement foundation at no charge and it was delivered overnight to boot.

 


That's very good to know.  You can't beat that for service, and standing behind their warranty!