Trusted Contributor

This is Better Homes and Gardens color of the year, Canyon Ridge.   The blue is  opposite orange on the color wheel and so designers think this is a wonderful combination.  What do you think?  I don't think I could paint anything in my house Canyon Ridge, but think it might be a good color for southwest homes.  JMO.

clay and cobalt paint and fabric swatches

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: 2023 Color of the Year BH&G

@wismiss I only like the color orange in nature: gourds, leaves, birds, etc. I HATE it in clothing or home decor of any kind. And orange and blue -- horrible.

Honored Contributor

I don't get the blue being called "canyon ridge".  That ought to be the orangish color (more canyon-like)  Never saw a blue canyon.

I often wear turquoise with a coral print or coral accessories.  I love them together.  I can think of worse combos than blue and orange but not my favorite.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Other than very dark or very light blues .... not a fan of the color.

No way could I ever live with those colors.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 , the orange is the Canyon Ridge.  The blue is used in combination with the orange.  Sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear.  I do like coral and I love turquoise, but since I live in Wisconsin, I don't wear that color combination.  Sometimes I think where you live does influence the color combinations you wear or paint your house, etc.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Smiley Doing Thumb Down Royalty Free Stock Images

Respected Contributor

I like the canyon ridge color and I would use it in my home.  I would use it with blue but not the bright blue.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

@wismiss  What a blah color. Looks so anemic and wishy washy to me.  I like the vibrant blue better.

Thanks for the post though.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I would have used it in limited quantity when I still owned a house in  AZ.

Super Contributor

I have this color in my home just about 4 1/2 shades lighter. I find it to be warm and comforting.