Honored Contributor

Re: 2017 Home Projects, change ups, and pare downs, How have you done with yours?

@Teddie wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Well @pinky ann I hope you are happy!

This thread had me thinking all night and early this morning, and I completely trashed out all the bottom cabinets in my kitchen. 

I empty them every winter, wash them and the contents and put things back and organize. But.......I have found myself putting stuff (and way too much of it) back in the cabinets that simply never gets used (no matter how nice it is!). They are crowded and it is hard to get to things. 

Well, not anymore! Threw away some things, condensed others, and a few things that I do use, just not very often, will be moved to the basement and simply retrieved when needed the once a year or so they are used. 

I guess I needed the motivation! So thanks for that, and my clean and easy to use cabinets!

Now, on to the drawers (those top cabinets may have to wait!)!

@Mominohio  I know what you mean about organizing and deciding what you want in the kitchen. I've got things stored downstairs that I rarely use, such as my electric roaster. It takes up a lot of room. That was one of those things my husband bought me because he thought I needed one--because his mom had one. 😀

Ha! What they think we need!! Men are funny that way, aren't they?

I have a roaster too, and have used it quite a bit as it has three smaller inserts and can be used for a soup bar or to keep several types of meats hot, or pasta and two different kinds of sauce, as well as the big insert for roasting turkey. So that is one of those things that I do have and love, but it simply cannot be stored on the main floor of the house for no more use (a couple of times per year) that it gets. 

Honestly, I don't have a very big kitchen, but I don't know how people live without a basement. I wouldn't be able to keep even things I need without that extra storage space!

Valued Contributor

Re: 2017 Home Projects, change ups, and pare downs, How have you done with yours?

@Mominohio You're welcome! lol So happy to be of help! I'm very happy for you that you've made such good progress. Sometimes it takes some bit of inspiration from somewhere to get inspired. It seems the best work gets done that way too, at least for me. I look at things more objectively, and plenty of trash bags are close at hand! hehehe

I hope you'll continue to get accomplished what you're hoping to this weekend. It's beautiful in PA, and I know you aren't too far away so your weather should be much like ours. Good luck! Thanks so much for the update. Smiley Happy  pinky

Valued Contributor

@Teddie  It's been great posting with you too!! Your DD's wedding sounded so charming and very sweet. It wonderful that the SIL's family are so nice. That makes for some really nice get togethers down the road, tension free!

DH is very protective. You nailed it. There are a few new things we bought the past year to work on the yard, and both DH and our son won't let me near them. *sigh* I know he worries so I don't fuss about it. There's plenty to do inside, trust me! lol Hope to post with you again soon! Thanks again. pinky