Respected Contributor

1st Snow ball fight of the NYC Winter Season

[ Edited ]

We wanted snow and cold winter weather since it was so long over due in our NYC area, but were not expecting a snow storm to develop.

NYC snow plows are coming through and we all certainly appreciate that.

We have about 4 inches of snow fall in the back yard, and the winds are blowing as the snow keeps falling.....so  we opened the back yard door to see if the indoor pets wanted to go outside, and they sure did.

The indoor and outdoor animals all frolicked, rolled around, jumping up at us to play with them, and we all  played in the accumulated snow.

How beautiful cold clean fluffy pristine snow looks, especially when it is blanketed outdoors, and remains undisturbed.

Hubby and I engaged in snow ball fights, and had a blast.

The dogs tried jumping to catch the snow balls, which we did not allow, but we did end up playing catch with a Spaulding with them, and they loved catching it and bringing it back to be thrown again.

No one wanted to go inside, and neighbors were also out enjoying the snow, cold, and the early morning events. 

We did help others shovel some snow. It was good exercise, and most enjoyable when many neighbors band together and do it as a group effort, especially for those elderly who cannot shove snow, cannot afford to pay someone, or have no one to do it for them. 

Every year we always try to help those in need, after all that is what good neighbors do.

This was our first cold WInter snow fall, and it is long overdue.....Did not wish for a blizzard or snow storm, but nevertheless now, we shall see how Storm Jonas progresses over the weekend.

They said it should dissipate after the weekend.

Wishing good times and safety for all, and enjoyed singing "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow with all the neighbors, amongst all the other Christmas Carols we also shared today....Christmas Carols are wonderful anytime, and singing while shoveling snow really helps one appreciate the songs, and the Winter snow fall even more.Smiley Happy.

We hope everyone remains fed, warm, and safe during this snow storm, and also get to enjoy the beauty of the Winter snow fall, and it's many fun activities, to also share with others.

For those who must work or drive everywhere, please go very carefully, and return home safely, and thoughts and prayers are with everyone during this unexpected Jonas snow storm.

Respected Contributor

Re: 1st Snow ball fight of the NYC Winter Season

What a great post !  Wishing Good Times...Back at You !!

Keep Safe......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How very kind of you morning lover, many thanks and we also wish you the sameSmiley Happy.

"Stay safe and enjoy".

Super Contributor

How beautiful cold clean fluffy pristine snow looks, especially when it is blanketed outdoors, and remains undisturbed.

@adoreqvc

Sounds like you got to have some fun and exercise at the same time, and your pets got to join in the fun with you two also.

I am glad you help others with the shoveling, so they can a least get out and walk down there path safely.

I wish you cold take a picture of the sparkly snow and share with me! : )

Have a cup of hot coca and cuddle up with a good book, that's what I would do.

((cyberhugs)) my friends. Heart Your both in my heart and prayers. Heart

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

Honored Contributor

Praying for everyone's safety in the winter storm.

It can be fun to play in the snow though.  We didn't get enough to make snowballs or build snowmen and for that, I am truly grateful.  Not too much on traveling around on slick roads.  Have fun and be safe and warm.

Respected Contributor

My Dear sunshine&rainbows,

Many thanks for your lovely reply.

We have plenty snow now, and will be enjoying snow ball fights until it dissipates.

Can hear the snow plows constantly come by and shovel. Good to live in the city limits, so the NYC snow plows can clear the streets of snow quickly, thus leaving the roads accessible for emergency vehicles.

Again many thanks for your prayers, and kind thoughts.

Hubby is in the kitchen preparing sandwiches of various cold cuts, Greek cheeses, Greek olive oil, a sprinkle of vinegar, sliced Greek olives, hot sliced Greek peppers, and sliced raw onions. All strategically placed on fresh home made round Greek bread, which I baked and thawed from the freezer.  (Used my electric knife to slice nice slices for sandwiches).  Also have home made potato salad, which he will also serve, on the side.

We love snow and WInter cold, not so much unexpected snow storms, but as we are well aware, Mother Nature makes those decisionsSmiley Happy.

Take good care dear friend, and we lift our glasses of Greek red wine and toast you for your highly valued QVC cyber friendship, thoughtful concern and compassion, and very much appreciated daily prayers.

"Thank you so much sunshine&rainbows".

As usual you know we always return prayers, kind thoughts, compassion, and cyber hugs back to you too, along with our gracefulness for having you as our treasured QVC cyber Pal.

Stay safe, warm, and well....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi lucymo,

Many thanks for your kind reply.

We always pray for everyone to remain safe, especially during times of unexpected weather related occurences, Mother Nature bestows upon us.

Hopefully you will still again get enough snow fall without a snowstorm like Jonas, so you can build a snow man, and have snow ball making winter fun, if that is what Mother nature decides to offer.

We are looking forward to having real winter snow fall until the Winter Season ends, because the four seasons are one reason we chose NYC as our home base.

"We love the Winter cold weather, and the snow it brings".

Stay safe, well fed, warm, and wellSmiley Happy.