Honored Contributor

@Oznell - This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

This owner is an amazing decorator. If she is not a professional she should be! Like you, I really enjoy how she displayed her art.

The entryway is perfect.

I like the pattern in the first room, but I think there's a little too much of it. I would go with solids, with touches of the chintz. I would also pare down the accessories some.

I LOVE the wicker fireplace screen, and I want one - LOL! I would take this room as is.

I like the TV room, and as you mentioned, the way the art is displayed on the wall behind the TV. I would definitely move the family picture and one of the books in the stack. I'm not really a "grey" person, but I would like to see the couch with the same background but light sage in the pattern.

As a "green" person I like the second picture of the dining room better! The table is set two different ways- maybe to show how it can be for both dining and office work? Even so, again I would move the family picture to a side table.

The kitchen and bedroom are fine, and you're right- those gorgeous bedside mirrors make the room!

The nursery is perfect, and the pink color on the walls is one of the prettiest pinks I've seen!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@DREAMON "And is there a large birds nest under the coffee table?"

Thank you. You made me LOL and glad I'm not alone there. The first thing that came to mind when I saw that was Bald Eagle's nest:

Photo of the Day: Bald Eagle's Nest - With a Bald Eagle In It

Well, to each his/her/their own. As far as the rest of the house, there is much I like espcially the color palette. The kitchen is my favorite part. Wouldn't change a thing in there.

Valued Contributor

When giving the Kentucky Cottage a 3rd look, I noticed the Mario Buatta book on one of the tables. That may explain the decorating style. He loved "stuff" and was definitely a "more is more" guy.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Enjoyed and agree with your detailed analysis of the house, @beach-mom !  

Honored Contributor

In the 2nd picture from the top, the two tables with lamps on each side of the sofa over power the sofa.  They are too big and high just a bad choice.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Sending love, and your ( always) kind and sweet relies.

I was over>>> to yes, HAA.... ANOTHER a few minutes ago

at PREDS explaining why I had not been here on posting, nor will be or a few days. I addressed to dooBdoo. 

Monday -4. 5. 21. around 10:45pm something. 

You're so keenly observant, I usually am not on many other threads - or- topics. 

@Oznell 

NAES