Respected Contributor

Albeit a neat one, this home owner strikes me as a hoarder. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

There is too much stuff in that cottage. It has tons of potential if the owner would declutter each room and remove about one-third of their belongings.

Trusted Contributor

It looks comfy & cozy. Love the kitchen especially. Living room is my least favorite room.

Respected Contributor

Re: 1940's KENTUCKY COTTAGE

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   The dogs in pictures 2 & 4 are adorable. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  I LOVE the kitchen table. Wonderful piece of wood that holds a families history. Kitchen tables are vital to me and the heartbeat of a home.

Thanks for the post. Lovely cottage. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: 1940's KENTUCKY COTTAGE

[ Edited ]

@Oznell - With the exception of the range hood, I love it all. 👍 Yes, I could definitely live there. 🙂

Do you have more like these?? Thanks for sharing.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

This is a very lovely and charming home. I can only see a couple of things I would change.  I am not a fan of modern art so any pictures like that would have to go.  The living room is beautiful.  While the print in the draperies is lovely, it seems a bit much for my taste. Make those changes and I could easily love living in this home! 

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883,  to answer your question, there are several like this at the site-- you can google The Glam Pad and it will pop up.

Another great one for traditional, cottage-y houses is Cafe Design. 

Oh, and town-n-country-living.com has tons of cottages like this.  They lean a bit more "farmhouse" but very pretty.

Honored Contributor

I like the entryway best. I like a few of the individual pieces in the other rooms, but the rooms themselves as they are aren't my style. 

Esteemed Contributor

None of this is even remotely close to my style and, basically, all I see is clutter that it's hard to even focus on a piece of furniture or an item that I might like.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown