Trusted Contributor

Re: 1908 SAN FRAN HOUSE

[ Edited ]

I notice almost every room has white flowers. It is a very lovely home. Very welcoming, especially the bedrooms. The subdued colors are beautiful,The fireplace surround looks too big for the room IMO and the table is too close...l have noticed some designers seem to put firmiture directly in front of the fireplace...seems to make the room look smaller. I really do like the rugs in each room...would like to have seen more of them. I also like the bits of chinoiserie throughout the home.
The bonus kitchen looks very masculine to me. 

Honored Contributor

where's the big screen tv and dvd and roko ?   LOL

Honored Contributor

There are almost always things we'd change to suit our individual decor choices but this one is a winner.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What a beauty this is!  I especially like the kitchen and the bedroom with the quilt.

Super Contributor

The chairs around the game table (in the first two photos) are fascinating - they have jagged, serrated, fang-like edges around the perimeter beneath the seats.  Looks like a  potential for owies.  Wonder if there is a purpose to that design.  Thanks @Oznell 

Honored Contributor

You are very observant, @QVCisFun !   Good call.  That's a design element I'm not sure I'd want either;  I wonder why they'd do that. 

Super Contributor

Thank you @Oznell .  I looked around a tad bit on the internet, unsuccessfully, for an explanation of that design element.  That same chair design (but in different upholstery and color) shows up in another project on the tuckerandmarks dot com website (under the Projects tab and then under the link SF Showcase 2010).