Esteemed Contributor

Just beautiful.  This is my favorite of the many lovely houses I see here.  

Honored Contributor

This home has so many interesting intentional elements that gracefully coexist.  The coral bookcase reflects the same tones in the rug and plays well with the pecan wood table. (I would probably have books in those shelves, but the owner's archaeological/cultural interests are displayed and the color would not be a factor if covered by books.) The graceful fireplace has color that is reiterated in the Chinoiserie vases that are placed on the mantel.  The master bedroom is restful yet radiant.  The lightness of the room is so peaceful.   There are a lot of subtle details especially using textiles and color that have been carefully chosen and integrated throughout the rooms. This is a home well lived and loved....very comfortable and casually elegant.

Honored Contributor

Some of the decor looks dated to me even though it's Traditonal.  The second bedroom has so many things on that bed!  You mentioned view from the kitchen.  When I lived in San Francisco that is what they are selling -- view and you pay for it.  The thing is if you have a view of the water at night it's black so you can't see it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: 1908 SAN FRANCISCO HOUSE

[ Edited ]

Thank you for sharing another lovely home, @Oznell 

Just thought everyone might like to know the bridge seen outside the kitchen window is the SF Oakland Bay Bridge.

lt's probably spectacular at night all lit up and sparkling.

The lights were installed in 2013 and were meant to be temporary but became so popular they were made permanent.

ETA: I reread the first post and realized the bridge view is from a second, different residence. 

CB150B3D-20F4-47BE-8EF7-77E06322CD74.jpeg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

The home is beautiful. It's just has too much going on for me. I like very simple clean lines. I don't like clutter. The view of the bridge would be worth living there. It must be spectacular at night. 

Honored Contributor

Very warm and inviting! I love the colors used in this home as well. Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

I think this one's been here before or elseone very similar.

Still a NO for me, not a thing here I like.

Honored Contributor

Re: 1908 SAN FRAN HOUSE

[ Edited ]

I like most of the colors & furnishings in the living areas and kitchens. Nice view! Not crazy about the mirror or hanging lights in the sitting room.

My least favorite room is the first yellow bedroom. I don't mind yellow, but this is way too much for me. The second more neutral bedroom is better, but still too many prints for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Some of the decor looks dated to me even though it's Traditonal.  The second bedroom has so many things on that bed!  You mentioned view from the kitchen.  When I lived in San Francisco that is what they are selling -- view and you pay for it.  The thing is if you have a view of the water at night it's black so you can't see it.

We have water views from our home and it is not black at night - lots of lights on the water in big cities like San Francisco and Seattle. Just depends on where your home is situated. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful home. I like the different colors in the rooms ... I enjoy seeing how other people can make colors work. Light and airy feel, which as someone else wrote, is hard to accomplish in an older home. And of course, the view, the view is spectacular. 

Thanks for sharing.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."