Honored Contributor

Re: 1906 ECHO PARK (L.A.) CABIN

I did find this on her white paints.  I haven't heard of that paint company.  Notice the second paint color.

https://leanneford.com/white-paint-guide/

Respected Contributor

The outside of the home is very cozy, attractive looking.  I was surprised you mentioned it's in L.A.  I had a vision of it at a lake setting, mountain area, etc - not L.A.   Guess it just shows how times have changed.

I didn't watch the video, but looking at the interior, I'd need to see the whole room.  The pic just looks to cluttered to me.

Thank you for sharing @Oznell 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

"Naysay" if you wish.  We all have differing opinions & styles.  

That's one of the reasons I enjoy this forum, no one gets critical of others here.

Honored Contributor

@tansy,  I'm sorry I don't know the address in Echo Park.  Think she sold it for a nice chunk of change to, let's see, does "Lana del Rey" sound right?  It was an actress with a fanciful name, I do remember that!

That's interesting, she says right on your link that she used the "Natural White" paint color in the cabin.  It surprised me when they said it has an "amethyst" undertone-- but undertones are tricky!  It sure looked nice on her walls!

Honored Contributor

The place would seem to suit Lana Del Rey, who is primarily a successful musician/singer/songwriter mostly associated with sadcore music...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell     I'm glad she kept this natural. I loved all the stone and also windows that opened up to nature. I could go for a retreat like this! It kind of gives that "no fuss" feeling. Thanks for the video. DH and I have wanted to rent a cabin in the mountains for years.  Maybe one of these days that dream can come true.

Honored Contributor

I like the exterior, and the repurposing of the wood beams inside to cover the drywall. The windows that swing open are nice. Not a fan of most of the furnishings inside.