Respected Contributor

Re: 1905 PENNSYLVANIA HOUSE DECKED OUT FOR HOLIDAY

What is majolica?

Respected Contributor

I would enjoy coming home to this cozy old home.  Love the green and white chair and everything in the blue bedroom.  Truly unique kitchen, love it.  The green shingles make the home special.

I would have to change the twiggy chandelier and other twiggy items throughout. 

One thing I did find especially jarring is the green-yellow paint.  Would prefer to use the off white as in the other rooms and go with some complementary colors in the pictures on the wall to perk up the off white.

Esteemed Contributor

What a lovely home. I love the big wooden bowl in front of the fireplace on the table. And that living room painted green with the white tree with the red birds. Wowzer. Just lovely. 

Honored Contributor

Beautiful house, but not liking the color scheme at all.  Too much browns and beiges.  Lime walls in the living room...no.  

Of all the rooms, I think the rustic bedroom is best.  Overall, the decor is nice, just too drab for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

That is a beautifully decorated home.

I love the tree, fireplace and dining room chairs made out of logs.

So pretty.

Respected Contributor

Oh, those fireplaces!!!

Respected Contributor

Beautiful!
Honored Contributor

In general I do like this look.  I love the ceilings, fireplaces and most of the furnishings.  I have to say I would make some changes and probably add a bit more Christmas decorations. However, for the most part it is appealing.

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee, it's a specific type of pottery that started in Italy I think, and it's characterized by lovely, often very colorful glazes.  Some of it is very figural-- I'm thinking of the bright green plates I've seen that are in the shape of lettuce or cabbage leaves, etc.

It's highly collectable I think, and to me always looks cheerful and whimsical...

Honored Contributor

I like everything the twig chandelier in the dining room.  My favorite room is with the fireplace and sofas.  The home is decorated for what the style is outside so it all looks good -- inside and out.  Oh, and love the Christmas tree.

kindness is strength