Honored Contributor

Not liking all aspects of this place and so over all the grey interior. I do like the flooring but I'd choose colors that are more complimentary to flooring color rather than grey.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono 

While not a country decor fan, I can appreciate the hard work and time put into this remodel.

It turned out warm & inviting. 

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT !!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Esteemed Contributor

As a lover of historic decor, I appreciate this renovation.  It provides comfort and storage many times lacking in old structures without ignoring the character of the dwelling.  I would have provided a bit of contrast in the kitchen backsplash, but more importantly, changed the flooring.  I think a wide plank wooden floor would have been charming.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't like the yellow and green walls, but then again I don't particularly like walls any color than white or maybe a light gray. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 1830s Farmhouse Remodel

[ Edited ]

I thought I would share my brother’s experience with owning a very large home of this period.  Remodeling had been done before he purchased his home.  However, the home had no real basement.  More like a crawl space, with a dirt floor.  In the winter, cold air came up through the minute openings of the wide floor boards.   Visitors wore heavy socks in the winter.

His home was in the “historic district” of a very old Connecticut town.  Anything done to the outside of the home had to be in strict compliance with very strict rules.  He sold his home after several years, as the cost of heating and such was extremely high.  But he did experience his dream for a while.  Having a fireplace in the kitchen was particularly charming, and French doors in the back of the home, leading to a stone terrace, was beautiful.

DH and I live in a “reproduction colonial,” in a town over 300 years old in CT.  It suits us just fine.  

Honored Contributor

I think that whoever redid this home did a beautiful job. But, in the first picture I'm wondering how on earth they get up to those upper cabinets and if they are practical and actually used or just for appearance. 

Honored Contributor

I do not like the floor in the kitchen.  I like the cabinets, I like the bathroom.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I agree the floor taakes away the beauty of the rest of the remodel

Honored Contributor

That is beautiful, especially the kitchen, I 💕 the kitchen !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan