Honored Contributor

Re: 1795 NOVA SCOTIA HOUSE AT CHRISTMAS

What a magnificent place! I'm not all-in with the decor, holiday or otherwise, but they've some nice elements and the kitchen is amazing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

this is a beautiful house for a reason, it doesn't look like somebody went out and bought everything in the past year and decorated it.

It shows years and years of additions to their furniture and collections. That is what is called charm and can't be bought. 

Respected Contributor

I love everything I see in the pictures.  I would move in tomorrow happily.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Thank you again for sharing this treasure with us.

It occurs to me that even though I might not have chosen any, some, or all of a home's decor, I could still happily live there (particularly this one).

Somehow I think I may not be alone in that feeling.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

AMAZING!!!!  I have never seen a house that I am more in love with!  I just adore every single thing about this place.  I usually like a feature or two and then the rest is a no go but this place --- all of it is just to my liking.  The architecture, the furnishings, the decor --- everything!  Oh, my goodness --- I feel a yearning in my heart!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, love it, I would move in tomorrow.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

This home is beautiful and I like just about everything inside and outside.

For some reason the rug in the room with the Grandfather Clock is overpowering to me...I would use a smaller version and show off the beautiful floor.

The Hutch is too crowded for me. I would have to remove 50% of the collection.

Other than those 2 things..It is Gorgeous! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell ,

I absolutely love this home!  I don’t like sparse decorating, so this place is my idea of perfection.  I love the Early American touches, including the “feather” Christmas tree in the studio, and the painted floor cloth in the bathroom.  Those sheep figures are lovely, and they would be so striking around Easter signifying the Pascal lamb.  While not my primary china, I have a collection of Spode blue and white plates.  The collection of small vases with red roses as a centerpiece is gorgeous and unusual.  I love seeing pieces of antique furniture, which adds character to furnishings, in my view.

This home seems to be a product of a long time of collecting beautiful and unique furnishings, truly a labor of love.

Honored Contributor

I loved the little clustered chinoiserie vases with red roses too, @PamfromCT !   I like the unusual combo of blue and red.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful home! I love the architecture and exterior spaces with water views. I like most of the furnishings, accessories, and colors too. My least favorite thing are the green dishes on the hutch.