Respected Contributor

$126 for a trash can ?

[ Edited ]

I cant fathom spending over $15 for a trash can. I dont understand how or why this item is popular.  Apparently Davud Venable owns the trash can. Who cares if it opens by itself ? another waste of money !

Valued Contributor

agree. paying 45 dollars for a cake is just as bad...

Honored Contributor

My kitchen trash can is one of that old plastic style when you step on the little pedal to open it.  No batteries required.   I've been using it for over 20 years or more.

Esteemed Contributor

Not this much, but I paid for a two hole so I do the recycling on the spot.  It also has a latching top so the doggie is not so interested.  Worth it for me.

Esteemed Contributor

We all have different tastes in what we want in our homes. While $126 is a bit high, I can't imagine finding a large trash can for $15! Some years ago I switched from a plastic trash can to one that's stainless steele, and since it has to sit at the end of the work island, I wanted something that is more attractive than plastic. Yes, the SS are more expensive, but well worth it to me. It's what I want in my kitchen - and I won't have to replace it!

Honored Contributor

I have a Simplehuman trash can that you step on to open it.  It is wonderful.  I think I paid over $80 for it.  I wouldn't want the sensor, because I would be accidentally opening it all the time.  I'll have this trash can forever, so it's worth it to me.

I can't imagine paying for other things that people buy.  All of us have things we would and wouldn't pay for.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I got a very similar trash can from Costco several years ago.  I think it was about $45!

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever DV got his free a year ago  (he stated)........sample of everything.  Ladies get samples of cosmetics, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  I also have a SimpleHuman trash can.  The one that uses "G" bags. Smiley Very Happy

Purchased from BBB w/coupon I don't think I paid over $50.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@NickNack  I also have a SimpleHuman trash can.  The one that uses "G" bags. Smiley Very Happy

Purchased from BBB w/coupon I don't think I paid over $50.

@Mz iMac   I bought mine at BBB with a coupon, too.  I just looked up my order.  I bought it in January and paid $80 for it.  It was $100 without the coupon.  I did feel that was expensive, but I know I'll have it forever.  Mine is a 30 liter and uses the J bags.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau