Esteemed Contributor

@Renata22  Yes the cover will stay open if you want it too!!

Honored Contributor

I've been watching this can, and many of the reviews state that is just eats batteries. I almost bought it yesterday, but got to thinking that if the motor fails it's useless. There is no foot pedal or easy way to get into it, so I'm going to look for something similar with no electronics to go bad. 

And it appears that every time there is movement in front of it, it will open. Ours has only one place to sit, and people pass in front of it a million times a day. It would burn up the batteries by lunchtime every day! LOL

Respected Contributor
At a 13-gallon capacity, the trash can is not that large--and IMO certainly doesn't warrant a $126 price tag. Plus batteries. One good thing: the rep said that the can accommodates any 13-gallon bag so, when it comes to refills, it's not necessary to use theirs. Because they're overpriced, too.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I've been watching this can, and many of the reviews state that is just eats batteries. I almost bought it yesterday, but got to thinking that if the motor fails it's useless. There is no foot pedal or easy way to get into it, so I'm going to look for something similar with no electronics to go bad. 

And it appears that every time there is movement in front of it, it will open. Ours has only one place to sit, and people pass in front of it a million times a day. It would burn up the batteries by lunchtime every day! LOL

@Mominohio   I bought my Simplehuman stainless steel trash can at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 20% coupon.  It has a foot pedal and is great.  Mine is smaller than the one offered on QVC and was $100.  With the 20% coupon it was $80.  I expect it will last forever.  I didn't want the battery powered one.  I thought it would open all the time at the wrong times, and I also read the reviews about the batteries dying frequently.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee LOL.  My daughter has 2 labs and a trash can with a pedal.  She has to turn the can around with the pedal facing the wall because the labs would step on the pedal to see what they might find that's good.

Before I had my Spencer the beagle I had a plain plastic trash can.  Discarded that when he would pull the can down and look for goodies.  Now I have a stainless can with a pedal and he is too short to open it.  Score one for me Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Kohler  Stainless Steel 13 gal. Step Trash Can

Kohler Stainless Steel 13 gal. Step Trash Can

I got this at the Container Store.  As much as you can love a garbage can, I love this one.  You can keep the lip open if you need to, the bag stays hidden inside, and the lid closes quietly.  This uses regular kitchen garbage bags too. 

I was looking at the Simple Human ones, but I didn't want to fool around with batteries. 

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@SilleeMee LOL.  My daughter has 2 labs and a trash can with a pedal.  She has to turn the can around with the pedal facing the wall because the labs would step on the pedal to see what they might find that's good.

Before I had my Spencer the beagle I had a plain plastic trash can.  Discarded that when he would pull the can down and look for goodies.  Now I have a stainless can with a pedal and he is too short to open it.  Score one for me Smiley Very Happy

@chlema 

That is hilarious about the labs! LOL! Smart dogs! I had a previous golden that would open the fridge and look around for goodies. Had it put a lock on that door up high enough where she couldn't paw at it. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I got this at the Container Store.  As much as you can love a garbage can, I love this one.  You can keep the lip open if you need to, the bag stays hidden inside, and the lid closes quietly.  This uses regular kitchen garbage bags too. 

I was looking at the Simple Human ones, but I didn't want to fool around with batteries. 

Simplehuman has trash cans with pedals and no batteries.  I have one.  They have more with pedals than they do with batteries.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

prices are getting out of control. i always wonder who buys these things?  there is no way a trash can is worth that much, at least to me!

dyson sweepers, dryers, and on and on. way out of my budget!!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Simplehuman has trash cans with pedals and no batteries.  I have one.  They have more with pedals than they do with batteries.

I didn't want to use their liners either.  I don't know if they all require that or not.