Honored Contributor

Re: 1200 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE IN GREENWICH VILLAGE!

Job well done.....creative, luxurious small space, and the requisite boat load of money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Thank you so much for posting.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this.

183-185-West-4th-Street-New-York-for-sale-habituallychic-016.jpeg

I usually don't care for blue interiors, but that shade is just lovely. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I love the house but would change some of the furniture and decor.

The drapes would be the first thing to go.

Bigger isn't always better.

Honored Contributor

We lived in a just almost 1200 foot house for 15 years.  Looking at the rooms, our bedroom was bigger, and we had 2 guest rooms (well, one cat room, one guest room) but everything else looks to be exactly in size with how our house was.  

It was one story, no spectacular windows, but size wise? Spot on for the rooms.  Of course we didn't have $100,000 worth of furniture and decor either. . . 

Respected Contributor

Quite nice. I'm ready to move in. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@sometimesQVCaddict wrote:
Absolutely stunning! Curious why it's characterized as a doll house or the small kitchen must mean they like take out (implying you can't cook in a small space)? A lot of people live in apartments or condos much smaller than this or homes that aren't 3000-5000 square feet. Bigger doesn't always mean better and a pet peeve of mine are people who have grandiose homes that fill it with too much stuff/furniture or not enough and it looks like an empty bear cave.

Quality ALWAYS beats quantity in my book & this home is a perfect example of that!

BTW I have a 1900 sf home (no open concept) and it's perfect for me!

Good point. You may know that a pretty good food blogger and cookbook author, Deb Perlman of Smitten Kitchen, is always writing about how tiny her NY kitchen is, @sometimesQVCaddict 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  I love it! Such care was given to detail in this renovation.

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed looking at it over and over.

Honored Contributor

Since my teenage years up to my early sixties, I spent a great deal of time in Manhattan.  Living across the river provided a quick trip by train, bus or car.  One of my favorite places, the Village, became the place to be for years and I dreamed of living there.  

This home is stunning inside and out.  There isn't anything I do not love about it.  The furnishings are elegant and perfect for me.  I couldn't afford the homes when I was young and certainly cannot now.  But I do love this home and I could easily live there happily ever after.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell, It is pretty but where is the refrigerator??? LOL I could enjoy this place but there must be a refrigerator.

. I think the beautiful rugs are too large. The floors are beautiful and too covered up. I am a bit of a rug snob and have them in every room. I just like to see more of a nice floor.

Why did they leave so much soot on the mantle?? This would make me nervous,LOL

There is a very large mirror hanging in the pretty garden area behind the table. This is effective but just feels odd to me and it will not survive the elements long.

Enjoyed this.

Honored Contributor

Most of it is too grand for my taste, although I do like the fireplace with the blue sitting area and the kitchen area with the cat!  I used to have a cat like that!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin