Honored Contributor

10 things you should have in your home.

I get good housekeeping magazine on my e mail daily now. Love it , Today they have a nice article about 10 things you should have in your home. 1. art that you love 2. matching towels 3.a plant ( i don't have this as we leave and go north for the summer so it would die) 4.a good mattress and headboard 5.a collection. 6.Bathroom accessories that are not plastic 7.acandle or the knowledge that you really don't like scented things in your home 8.2 bed tables 9.a nice throw 10. Ok - I've forgotten one - I'll come up with it and get back to you all.
Honored Contributor

Re: 10 things you should have in your home.

darn it - i had to go back to the article and look -- it was a nice organized bookshelf .
Respected Contributor

I'd agree with some of it, but not "collection." It seems like collections tend to get out of hand, & sometimes trigger other collections. Just ask anyone who's had to clean out the home of an elderly parent who had multiple collections.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Otherwise, the others sound nice & make sense.

Respected Contributor

I have a shoe collection, A jewelry collection, handbag collection, and a yankee candle collection. I love them all! No living plants though, unless they bark I forget to feed them. hehehehehehe

Esteemed Contributor

Room for the collections and clothes which I don't have, but I still buy.

A husband who would help clean up the house which I also don't have,dh no help

A dishwasher which I have.

Someone who loves you and who you love, 2 cats which I love.

Esteemed Contributor

Do I get an A if I have all 10? Sounds like a good article. Thanks for sharing.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

I have all 10, except my "plants" are silk!
Super Contributor

GOOD HOUSE KEEPING MAGAZINE is not something I treasure to tell me what to do in my home. None of my towels match, I am not into art, I have no living plants and I could go on. Sorry, the list is a joke.

I just feel life is hard enough without a commercialized magazine telling us what we need in our homes to make me happy or to rate me on a scale of 1 to 10.

Honored Contributor

That seems like a weird and arbitrary list. Plant? Collection? Candle? Throw?

Honored Contributor

no plastic bathroom accessories? really? so my triplet granddaughters are to use porcelain things when they are here? I don't think so!