Trusted Contributor

Re: ⬆️ LR: Things Are Looking Up! ⬆️

From what I've read, and seen, those tchotchkes make the room look outdated.  Less is more, when it comes to decorations.  Besides, who would want to dust all that stuff?

Honored Contributor

The two pieces of greenery are too large.  I'd remove them first.

Respected Contributor

Way too much going on for me.

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123wrote:

@lolakimono

Sorry, when I saw LR I thought this was a thread about Lisa Robertson. 😊

The room is beautiful. 

I agree, the room is beautiful but, I thought I was the only one who was confused by the subject title. Butterfly123, what does it mean?

Esteemed Contributor

This is a bright beautiful room with way to many tchotchkes in it!  Who would want to dust that every week? I love a room with that natural light. 

Honored Contributor

I would never put wallpaper on a ceiling after the recent job we had removing paper in the bedroom.OMG that stuff won’t come off without an all out war.

i like the room though it is a little cluttered but still really pretty.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123wrote:

@lolakimono

Sorry, when I saw LR I thought this was a thread about Lisa Robertson. 😊

The room is beautiful. 

Me too, LOL!!  I thought the Selling Qrap From Your Couch business had really taken off!!

Honored Contributor

Even though I'm not a huge fan of blue, I like the room.

Honored Contributor

very interesting room. A little too much going on for my taste.  I do however like the ceiling, it is different, but with that being said, I think the overall room has too much clutter.....A little less and it would be quite welcoming..

Honored Contributor

Ok, here goes my input!

The fireplace is too rustic for the rest of the room. Either re do the fireplace or redecorate the room.

I know papered ceilings have a following, but I find it closed in a room and in this case, makes it even 'busier'. 

Pick a color. Blue and white is timeless and beautiful but I don't think it mixes well with the tans in the room (drapes, upholstery, floor covering, fireplace wood,.

And the picture above the mantel (or is a mirror?), going up to the ceiling really drives me nuts, along with the fact that it doesn't go with the blue and white either. 

Then of course let's just plop a green tree/plant in the middle of the whole thing to 'bring it all together'. Not so much.