Honored Contributor

Re: your favorite holiday tableware pattern?

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I love this thread.  My favorite is Spode Christmas tree.  You can get single pieces at Ross, Homegoods and TJMaxx over the holidays now, but I purchased mine many years ago when it was still made in England.  I joke to my sons to not sell this at a garage sale for pennies when I'm gone or I'll haunt them.  I end up only using about half of what I have stored for Christmas dinner.  They take up a lot of room for only one use a year...maybe I'll pull them out early and use them the entire month of December this year.  

MCY[1].jpg

@CAcableGirl2  Absolutely use them all of December.  I have many sets of Pimpernel Christmas placemats, and I use one set a week in December, and there are mats specifically for Christmas Eve that I use on that night, lots of fun, I think.

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@MariotaMurielle@, Thanks for starting this thread.  The suggestions and accompanying images are lovely.  I was not aware of Johnson Brothers Friendly Village, but it's beautiful!  I wish I had more space for storing fine China. @ I love 222 Fifth's Winter Cardinal. That may be "the one" to fill my desire for new dinnerware with a wintry pattern to use from Thanksgiving until Easter.  @stevieb, Thanks for posting the image!

@Trix... Glad you like the pattern too and I don't think you'll be disappointed if you opt in. It's a very easy pattern to dress up or down, too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

I have the Johnson Bros Friendly Village dinnerware. I love it! It was purchased by my grandmother, as a gift to my mother, and then passed down to me in the 1970's. I also love that I can use it for both Christmas and Thanksgiving, especially now that I've downsized. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaliKat wrote:

@MariotaMurielle

I have the Johnson Bros Friendly Village dinnerware. I love it! It was purchased by my grandmother, as a gift to my mother, and then passed down to me in the 1970's. I also love that I can use it for both Christmas and Thanksgiving, especially now that I've downsized. 

@CaliKat, lucky you!  what I love about it is that it's a pattern not specifically Christmas or Thanksgiving but can be used for both.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

I have the Lenox Holiday pattern that several of you own

However mine has a platinum rather than a gold rim.  I preferred that look,with my sterling place settings.  last year  I boxed it all up and took,it to my daughter since Christmas will now be celebrated at her house so my grandson can enjoy Christmas at home.

Super Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I love this thread.  My favorite is Spode Christmas tree.  You can get single pieces at Ross, Homegoods and TJMaxx over the holidays now, but I purchased mine many years ago when it was still made in England.  I joke to my sons to not sell this at a garage sale for pennies when I'm gone or I'll haunt them.  I end up only using about half of what I have stored for Christmas dinner.  They take up a lot of room for only one use a year...maybe I'll pull them out early and use them the entire month of December this year.  

MCY[1].jpg

I have this pattern and use it all of December until Jan 2

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

IMG_0282.JPGI am a tableware junkie.  I own eight different complete services or dinnerware.

my latest obsession is made by 222 Fifth.  I purchased two different paterms that mix and match together very well.  I  have the complete service for 24 people along with bowls, platters and even latte mugs.

it is really beautiful in person.  A lot of my Christmas items are peacock themed too.

IMG_0280.JPG

I almost lost my mind when I say these two patterns .. Gorgeous ....

I love plates .. glasses and serving pieces.... you would think the

Queen of England was coming ...!!  I once bought individual covered

butter dishes to go at each plate .. Yikes ....

@Big Joanie and @Carmie I just got the Home Depot "Company's Coming" catalog, and guess what's on the cover? The peacocks!1-72K-FrontCover-1000x1000.jpg

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of busy patterns on dinnerware.  I prefer a nice solid ivory or white and bring in the color of the season with table cloths, napkins and a centerpiece.  I have donated my Christmas Tree dinnerware and don't miss it at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

P0000137136S0017T2.jpg (450×437)

@Mominohio. Love this plate !   Is this a different pattern or part of the china in the above photo?    This one looks so vintage ,  just love it!

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

P0000137136S0017T2.jpg (450×437)

@Mominohio. Love this plate !   Is this a different pattern or part of the china in the above photo?    This one looks so vintage ,  just love it!

@Kitty Galore

As far as I know, it is one of the Johnson Brother's pieces for the same line. I think there are multiple different patterns to the set.