Honored Contributor

Re: your favorite holiday tableware pattern?

[ Edited ]

Of all the Christmas patterns shown, I'm partial to the Lenox Winter Greeting pattern.  The one  @Marsha2003 posted would be beautiful for Thanksgiving.  It may be more difficult to find a set that works for both occasions.  Perhaps two solid colors?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Very simple, somewhat plain and seasonal without screaming Christmas... I like 222 Fifth's Winter Cardinal pattern...

Image result for 222 fifth winter cardinal

I really like the simplicity of this design, @stevieb.    And, as you said, it's more seasonal without being holiday-specific.    I've always resonated with the spiritual legends associated with red cardinals, too.    Very nice thread!    All the patterns are so lovely and many evoke sweet memories of Christmases past.

I so agree @dooBdoo from the cozy to the pretty to the elegant to the nostalgic, all of these patterns really are a joy to behold.

I too have to admit a certain fascination with the cardinal, so most anything that features them has a certain appeal for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

OK. I can't stop looking at all these wonderful patterns. I had no idea Johnson Brothers had so many holiday/seasonal patterns. But, all the dishes shown are just beautiful! I keep coming back to this thread to see what I missed. Love it!

Esteemed Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, Thanks for starting this thread.  The suggestions and accompanying images are lovely.  I was not aware of Johnson Brothers Friendly Village, but it's beautiful!  I wish I had more space for storing fine China. @ I love 222 Fifth's Winter Cardinal. That may be "the one" to fill my desire for new dinnerware with a wintry pattern to use from Thanksgiving until Easter.  @stevieb, Thanks for posting the image!

Esteemed Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@MariotaMurielle@, Thanks for starting this thread.  The suggestions and accompanying images are lovely.  I was not aware of Johnson Brothers Friendly Village, but it's beautiful!  I wish I had more space for storing fine China. @ I love 222 Fifth's Winter Cardinal. That may be "the one" to fill my desire for new dinnerware with a wintry pattern to use from Thanksgiving until Easter.  @stevieb, Thanks for posting the image!

@Trix, you're so welcome. I've enjoyed it too. so many beautiful suggestions and photos. I'm still leaning toward the Johnson Brother's Friendly Village. I'll never forget when I was dropping off some items at my local Goodwill store last year and there was a large set of Friendly Village for sale. but, I was minutes too late. a man was standing in front of the table talking to his wife on his cell phone. I could hear her halfway across the room saying YESSSS when he asked her if she wanted it.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

what a great thread ! I miss Filene's Dept. store , where they always had an extensive display of dinnerware . So many new patterns & pretty dishes listed on this thread . Fell in love with Royal Stafford " Christmas Eve " .... so cozy and nostalgic . I'd hate to put them away ! 

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Of all the Christmas patterns shown, I'm partial to the Lenox Winter Greeting pattern.  The one  @Marsha2003 posted would be beautiful for Thanksgiving.  It may be more difficult to find a set that works for both occasions.  Perhaps two solid colors?

Oh,me too.But  I have the older Winter Greetings Everyday pattern which is stoneware not China. It has a variety of birds on it. Wish I could post a picture from my Kindle.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

Johnson Brother's Friendly Village

26996205b26fde213554fa9fed83c1df.jpg (1600×1192)

I ❤️ Friendly Village! My grandmother gave me a set when I was first married over 40 years ago. The husband is long gone, but I got custody of the dishes and I still love them. 😂

My lifestyle is pretty casual so I don't do holiday china (or china at all, for that matter). I use Pfaltgraff Winterberry from Thanksgiving through Christmas. 

Respected Contributor

I love this thread.  My favorite is Spode Christmas tree.  You can get single pieces at Ross, Homegoods and TJMaxx over the holidays now, but I purchased mine many years ago when it was still made in England.  I joke to my sons to not sell this at a garage sale for pennies when I'm gone or I'll haunt them.  I end up only using about half of what I have stored for Christmas dinner.  They take up a lot of room for only one use a year...maybe I'll pull them out early and use them the entire month of December this year.  

MCY[1].jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

we have a LENOX outlet that is not too far away. i am like a kid in a candy store when the holidays approach. they have so many beautiful pieces to choose from. i almost always add to my collection.

every year they have different salt and pepper shakers that are holiday themed. i can never resist picking up at least one set, sometimes more.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein