Honored Contributor

Re: your favorite holiday tableware pattern?

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I can't even read these posts! I'm such a sucker for holiday tableware, I just can't tell you! If I had my 'druthers I'd have Lennox and Temp-tations and everything else, for that matter! Is there a gene for dishes? My dad liked to collect antique dishes too! Sadly, I have no room or money to add to my tableware. Also, there is the everpresent tisk, tisk of DH.

@PA Mom-mom  ooonooo.gif

I can so relate to collecting dishes. It was very hard to get myself to stop. The last pattern I bought pieces of was '222 Fifth Harvest Festival' a couple of yrs ago.

I also love setting a table with these rustic rattan chargers Smiley Happy

k.jpg

Respected Contributor

Oh,please! Do we have to go there? My favorite forum topic! I'll have to answer later when I have a few hours.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner Your comment about mixing the Lenox patterns reminded me that I saw a beautiful table set for Thanksgiving using Lenox Tartan, a pattern that I've always used for Christmas.  I can't find the picture right now, but I was so amazed to see how well Lenox Tartan mixes with browns, russets and marigolds.  It would look terrific with Valerie's new fruit and greens pieces, too!

IMG_1581.JPG

Trusted Contributor

mochahoney: I have a winter set I bought at WM  that is made by Better homes and Garden. It has dear and berries, different types of winter scene a huge amount of money so I don't need to worry about using them everyday.  Thanksgiving I use my China. Christmas I use dishes Christmas dishes I bought at Target many years ago. They are white with poinsettia on them. There again not a huge amount of money, so I don't have to worry with the grandkids using them.

Esteemed Contributor

so many beautiful suggestions!

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Occasional Contributor

The Holly and Ivy by portmeirion. I think it is a beautiful pattern to use all winter and has serving pieces and some bakeware to match. Great quality that does not chip, can go in the dishwasher, microwave freezer and oven.  Love it!1a5c5652c268c81aaf97447a3efbd74f.jpg.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

I'm thinking of buying new dishes for the holidays. not necessarily fine china but something classic.

I like the Johnson Brothers Friendly Village patterns but want to look around for other ideas too.

what are your favorites?

@MariotaMurielle  You chose a wonderful set...and it would work great for Fall right through the entire holiday season!

Johnson Bros make wonderful dinnerware...nice quality! I love so many similar types of transferware by Johnson Bros, Royal Stafford and the Spode Woodland (I still would love a variety of the dinner plates...like the 'pheasant' design...oy!

I do have 4 dinner plates of each of the following:

Johnson Bros 'Old Britian Castles'

dishes.jpg

Royal Stafford 'Christmas Eve'

christmaseve.jpg

Royal Stafford 'Christmas Home'

christmashome.jpg

Here is one of the Spode 'Woodland' dinner plates I'd love to have...

WoodlandPlate.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Like @Susan Louise, I love dinnerware.  One of my favorites that she didn't mention is Lenox Winter Song.  It's discontinued, but shows up on eBay.  I like that it doesn't have a metal rim so it's microwave and dishwasher safe.  There are so many gorgeous patterns, though, that I would have trouble choosing just one.

IMG_0335.PNG

That is absolutely gorgeous.  I've never seen that.

Thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise, that Spode Woodland pattern would look pretty combined with the Johnson Brothers Friendly Villiage patterns. it's beautiful.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very simple, somewhat plain and seasonal without screaming Christmas... I like 222 Fifth's Winter Cardinal pattern...

Image result for 222 fifth winter cardinal

In my pantry with my cupcakes...