Honored Contributor

Re: who decorates for valentines day

In a few weeks I will definitely decorate for,

Image result for valentines day images

Honored Contributor

I don't.

I will do some new snowman things in two locations after Christmas comes down, but I really never liked Valentine's day decor.

I don't like the usual colors of pink and purple (and I only use red for holidays mostly). I never see Valentine's decor that I like, everything looks like grade school stuff to me.

I hope that those of you who do decorate for Valentine's will post pictures PLEASE!

I'd love to see what I'm missing and get some ideas to see if there are things out there that I'd love, but just haven't seen them or been creative enough to put them together.

Honored Contributor

I have some winter things out now, some are red, some are white.  I mix in some Valentine's Day stuff in February.  After Valentine's Day, I start to mix in more white/spring stuff.

Easter is April 16, so it's a full 2 months after Valentine's Day this year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I have a few Valentine's decorations that I'll put up the first of February.  I have a hutch that I change out some dishes on and I decorate that with a Valentine's banner, red plaid plates, a couple of vintage Valentines, and a dish of Hershey's Kisses (red & silver).  I have some Valentine dish towels I put out in the kitchen too. 

Honored Contributor

No way. I decorate for Halloween-fall-harvest and for Christmas. I'll use seasonal touches and colors in accessories for the spring and summer, but no special decorating otherwise.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't.  Too much "stuff".  I do have fresh flowers at times, but I only decorate for (I don't like the colors at Thanksgiving, so.....)Christmas.  

Trusted Contributor

One of my favorite things to change out for each holiday is this wooden        " window" box thing that hangs on the wall of my screened in entry.

It has a grapevine wreath attached and each season I stick in seasonal flowers or garland. I also put lights that coordinate in the wreath.

There is a box attached at the bottom where I usually add seasonal greenery or faux flowers.

I bought it at an antique place where one of the vendors made cute little wooden things...this was one of them!

It has a nail at the top where I can hang little signs like they sell at Hobby Lobby.

I have some cute ones Valerie sold several years ago that reverse for the seasons. Lots of versatility! I have some cute things for the window for Valentine's Day!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't decorate per se.  We do dine out at a nice place and have a toast. 

We have declared that Feb. 14th is the birthday of all three of our cats as they were rescues and we don't know the date of their real births. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I have a Valentine wreath for my front door and some small valentines that my daughter made for me in a ceramic class.  

That's all I do.,,, except for the chocolate.  I do decorate the candy dishes.

Honored Contributor

I also have a front door decoration and a garden flag for Valentine's Day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN