Esteemed Contributor

Re: white trees displayed in background built-ins?

I've heard it mentioned that some of the items that are on set are purchased from various other stores. I would do a quick on line check of Pier 1 and At Home or even Michael's. You might have some luck with one of those. I hope you find them. I know it drives me crazy when I see the "thing" I've been searching for "forever" and I can't find it. Drives me crazy.  Good luck. 

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I've heard it mentioned that some of the items that are on set are purchased from various other stores. I would do a quick on line check of Pier 1 and At Home or even Michael's. You might have some luck with one of those. I hope you find them. I know it drives me crazy when I see the "thing" I've been searching for "forever" and I can't find it. Drives me crazy.  Good luck. 

@Fressa, I've heard those comments, too, about the set accessories and decor being sourced from other businesses.   The tree I posted is also available from a florist supply company, and that makes me think other items might come from similar sources.   Seems to me QVC is missing a great marketing opportunity by doing that instead of populating the sets with their own products, tempting us to find and buy them...   but then I don't understand much of what they've been doing in recent years.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if that's Barbara King's store that they mention? If so, then Carolyn Gracie would be able to answer that and pro9bably give you the info. Why don't you try posting on Carolyn's facebook page. Nothing to lose at this point.   

Esteemed Contributor

MODERATORS - I posted an update in this thread earlier today about finally finding the trees I was seeking, but it is not currently showing up. Do you have a way to restore it? I'm not sure what happened to it, and I would like to save the information for future reference. I checked my Profile, and it isn't listed there, either. Thanks in advance for your help...

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

MODERATORS - I posted an update in this thread earlier today about finally finding the trees I was seeking, but it is not currently showing up. Do you have a way to restore it? I'm not sure what happened to it, and I would like to save the information for future reference. I checked my Profile, and it isn't listed there, either. Thanks in advance for your help...

@loriqvc:  Try Ballard Design.  I think we cannot give a link but can name the company.

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@loriqvc:  Try Ballard Design.  I think we cannot give a link but can name the company.

Ballard is part of the Qurate Group. We should be able to post links.

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@froggy:  I am not sure but did see the link to Ballard because I was interested in those trees also.  

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@froggy:  I am not sure but did see the link to Ballard because I was interested in those trees also.  

@Hoovermom @loriqvc

Here are the trees. I like them too but they are pricey and I don't think they are on a timer.

https://www.ballarddesigns.com/tremblant-led-tree/holiday/holiday-decor/444169?listIndex=10

Tremblant LED Tree

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, everyone. I am just frustrated about the fact that my post disappeared with no explanation or way for me to retrieve the details; if I'd seen one of the "moderator moved because" posts, at least I'd know there wasn't a system glitch.

And if the post was taken down due to inclusion of a link, as has been mentioned, Ballard Designs is part of the Qurate group, so I didn't see any issues with sharing it—and those trees are showing up in many, many presentations on QVC and Q2 right now, so I'm sure I'm not the only one who might wonder about them.

Honored Contributor

My guess is that the moderator on duty had an itchy trigger finger, as some of them clearly do, and hit the delete button before realizing she was deleting reference to part of the Qurate group...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...