Honored Contributor

where has the year gone???

[ Edited ]

I came home from a family function (at home I don't recognize FL as my home)  today and spouse asked me to update calendar for his appointments..don't ask me why but I flipped and realized it was November already!

Then went through my mail lots of catalogs, coupons from favorite stores and food store ads w/turkey sale - I said "I can't believe the holiday season is here already" ..

Guess life is moving faster than my brain is😉 (It saddens me)

Respected Contributor

Re: where has the year gone???

Yes .. its going way too fast ...

Honored Contributor

The older you get......the faster it goes.......and that means EVERYTHING

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just today I made that same comment to my husband.  It seems like only a few months ago we were putting our Christmas decorations away and now we are getting ready to get them out again.  

I just can't believe how quickly this year has gone by.  We haven't done anything special it's just been day to day living but the spring and summer months have flown by.

Respected Contributor

I'm not at all surprised that time is going by so fast and see it as reassuring and a huge blessing!

Honored Contributor

Since I retired, I can't believe how fast every week flys by. 

I swear when I worked the days were so slow. It took forever to get to Wednesday. And now it seems like I blink and it is Wednesday.

Guess there is a huge difference between doing what you want when you want and doing what you are told to do.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl 

So true ...I'm thinking same thing BUT not even wanting to think about going through all the containers in the attic which haven't been out in years.

Thinking my ceramic tree made by my mother years ago is about all the "energy" I'm gonna have ...lol

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   We recently cleaned out the attic (30 years of perceived treasures)....the attic now is empty....the time went slow.

Trip to Italy before covid....the time went fast.

Time is an illusion.

Trusted Contributor

Time does seem to be going faster!  I see it as a blessing because I have had a good life and try to just enjoy every minute of every day now that we are in our late 70's!!

I especially enjoy this time of year with the holidays upon us and "football"!!  God bless!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

This year has flown by. I never know if it is age, if it is because there is so much going on in my personal life as well as the world in general or what, but this year seems to have gone even faster than those in the past. 

I wonder if it is because 2020 was a forced slow down for most of the world, and even though 2021 has been 'worse' in so many ways than even 2020 was, most of us moved on and got back to some kind of new 'normal' so it seemed fast simply because it followed a slow and painful 2020.