Frequent Contributor

Re: valerie parr hill illuminated starry night hurricanes

That’s another reason why I was on the fence about them. I’m migraine prone too. Don’t know if I could deal with the constant flashing light.
Contributor

I ended up placing them on the floor alongside my gray satin drapes. Not being at eye level reduced the strain on my eyes and the flickering was softened by the drapes. But I would not repurchase these even if I did not have a migraine problem. Wait for Val's Sep or Oct shows. I've noticed the really nice items are kept until later.
Trusted Contributor

You could put a different set of lights in them that have a softer twinkle or steady light.
Contributor

That's a good idea. I hope they bring out new fairy lights with more options for this holiday season...thank you for posting!

Respected Contributor

@SugarGlider  If you want fairy lights that are constant on and do not blink Amazon, Walmart and Target all have these sting lights for around $6.99. I am sure other stores have these also. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought some fairy lights off Amazon last year that even came with a remote....

Contributor

Great ideas! I'll check out Amazon, Walmart and Target. I'd be happier without all the blinking.
Honored Contributor

@Sakuya wrote:
You could put a different set of lights in them that have a softer twinkle or steady light.

@Sakuya   Great idea! 

I didn't get them because the twinkle was too fast for me and I knew it would irritate me after a short while.  

Regular Contributor

I returned mine - Champagne ( Khaki really) I am sure others will return them in drips and drabs, for one reason or another.  I would keep checking - you never know if they will show up in inventory or in the "AS IS" category.