Occasional Contributor

valerie par hills christmas bracelet

Im really upset that all the story of christmas (jesus life) sold out. By now you would think they would have enough to go around. I wanted 4 for my grandaughters and couldnt get one. This happens alot with Valerie...WHAT A SHAME. You would think for the Holidays they would get more..STILL TIME...LETS SEE

Honored Contributor

Re: valerie par hills christmas bracelet

How exactly would they know how many is "enough to go around"?  They can only estimate the demand for anything.  Have you checked online for similar bracelets?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Check James Avery.  They have a lot of religious charms to choose from.  That way you build a bracelet for each one.  With the option of adding on.

Honored Contributor

Don't know if the bracelet is a reorder or something new, but new introduced items frequently sell out because not enough is ordered.  It's too common not to notice and a long time irritant. 

Often, it's only 800-1200, but I have seen as low as 100...not enough for the QVC audience, particularly during the Christmas season.  

If it's not the product itself, it's the color.  The hosts always act surprised when certain colors sell out.  I don't have ESP, but I can predict what products, colors, and sizes will sell out. 

I believe QVC plays 'wait and see" on new items.  They may reorder if they sell well, but not always.  It's frequent with Valerie.  It happened to me last year when something sold out in a few minutes, but wasn't reordered.

A good example was Valerie's red truck.  It was reordered 3 times.  Sold out all 4 times it was presented.  Why wasn't enough ordered the first time or at least second?

Another example, David's large sitting and standing reindeer.  Only 1,000 were ordered, sold out immediately.  He said QVC could only get this many.  I don't believe it.  If QVC can get over 100,000 for a TSV, I'm supposed to believe only a 1000 can be made for other products.  

I can remember when shopping in department stores, sales girls would always try to get my size and color from another store when it was sold out in their store.  There was never a time they didn't get what I wanted. 

I miss that customer service compared to impersonal home and online shopping.  However, there are online retailers who will ask, "Do you still want it?  We will notify you if it becomes available." 

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you missed out, but hasn't VPH been selling those bracelets for three years or more?  Check ebay.  I'll bet you will find some available.

I'm giving all retailers some leeway this year because I imagine that there have been disruptions to the pipeline of products from China where most of QVC's items are sourced.  

Of course, financially, it's always better to have too few than to have too many.  If people really want an item, they'll buy it the next time it is available like they did for the red truck.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw the bracelet yesterday when they presented it. There is one on eBay up for bid now.

I love anything red truck and wanted the taller light thing but it sold out. When back an hour later and it was back in so I ordered it. 

Check back cause people cancel when they find something else they want more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

Don't know if the bracelet is a reorder or something new, but new introduced items frequently sell out because not enough is ordered.  It's too common not to notice and a long time irritant. 

Often, it's only 800-1200, but I have seen as low as 100...not enough for the QVC audience, particularly during the Christmas season.  

If it's not the product itself, it's the color.  The hosts always act surprised when certain colors sell out.  I don't have ESP, but I can predict what products, colors, and sizes will sell out. 

I believe QVC plays 'wait and see" on new items.  They may reorder if they sell well, but not always.  It's frequent with Valerie.  It happened to me last year when something sold out in a few minutes, but wasn't reordered.

A good example was Valerie's red truck.  It was reordered 3 times.  Sold out all 4 times it was presented.  Why wasn't enough ordered the first time or at least second?

Another example, David's large sitting and standing reindeer.  Only 1,000 were ordered, sold out immediately.  He said QVC could only get this many.  I don't believe it.  If QVC can get over 100,000 for a TSV, I'm supposed to believe only a 1000 can be made for other products.  

I can remember when shopping in department stores, sales girls would always try to get my size and color from another store when it was sold out in their store.  There was never a time they didn't get what I wanted. 

I miss that customer service compared to impersonal home and online shopping.  However, there are online retailers who will ask, "Do you still want it?  We will notify you if it becomes available." 

@Foxxee 

Good post!!!

From what I read it may be the vendor/manufacturer limiting how many of an item they bring to QVC, because its the vendor that has to "eat" the inventory and take the loss if its not sold (QVC gets a "commission" on total product's sold)---Now if its a TSV QVC may require a certain set inventory amount---thats according to Business Journals

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”