Super Contributor

third times a charm - Slim Tree by Valerie

call me crazy but on free shipping & easy pay day i ordered -

Item number: H212738  Multi

5' Glistening Pine Incandescent Slim Tree by Valerie

this will be my third one of these trees. the first two were defective. lights burnt out in top tier. on air they advertise the warranty being 5 years, but it's only 2 for the lights, so the q wouldn't replace my first tree. instead i  had to send it in for repair to NTC. when it looked like it wouldn't be finished in time for the holiday, i ordered the second tree, figuring the problems with the first were just a fluke. but 4 months later the bottom tier of lights went out on it. this time qvc reinbursed me. meanwhile the repaired tree came back. but honestly i don't trust it to stay lit. so yesterday i ordered another one figuring the odds of one of these trees working through the holidays might be improved. i'm hoping third times a charm. for all it's faults i love the flocking. the color palette on the multi is soft and beautiful. it's easy to assemble. it's the perfect size. i love it.  the question is will the lights shine or disappoint me again. fingers crossed. 

Honored Contributor

Re: third times a charm - Slim Tree by Valerie

@tarytoo 

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 hope so!!!

I finally have decided buying things like this in a traditional store because lately anything we buy is "hit or miss".  This way I can return to store vs. return fees.

Although, if defective I know the fees are waived.

Esteemed Contributor

Well...........hope springs eternal, but Valerie's is not worth the trouble.

Esteemed Contributor

Too many disappointments upon arrival.   Can find nicer items at

local outlets....and for less.

Esteemed Contributor

I have given up on pre-lit trees.....I just bought a new Vickerman slim tree off Amazon and will just add my own.

I have a pencil tree that quit and it took me 4 hours to remove all the lights

I have a 9 ft tree that had lights quit right in the middle and I had to put a string in after it was all decorated....

I found they last a year or 2 at the most for me.....

Esteemed Contributor

Wouldn't that be considered the definition of insanity??????

Honored Contributor

@tarytoo   I have three of these trees, bought two years ago, I think, and so far, so good.  I hope both of your trees work well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed in the Valerie's Snow Kissed Twinkling tree.  I bought a 3 ft for my bedroom.....All the lights are supposed to twinkle, the question was even asked on the website and confirmed by Valerie's team. While all the lights do light up only a few of them twinkle and its all on one side.. It would be a hassle to send back, so I just kept it and added my own set of twinkle lights....Luckily I got the tree on sale, but still, at that price it SHOULD work right....Sometimes Valeries items are wonderful and sometimes quality is lacking.....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

That tree has been on my radar but the reviews about light problems scare me. Our five foot tree has white lights that have worked for a dozen years so it's on borrowed time. I love the look of Valerie's tree and wouldn't mind ordering it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma 

I did the same thing several years back.  Every pre-lit pooped out after a year.

My 9ft plain tree hasn't been up in a couple of years, however.  Lately, I'm using a tiny tabletop tree and it's enough!

I leave it decorated in my craft room and pull it out in late November.  Used to spend days/weeks doing interior decor, but it just wore me out.