Esteemed Contributor

Re: speaking of going overboard for a Christmas gift

GAWDY

Honored Contributor

I didn't even know Avon was still around.  Clearly they have morphed into something else.

Respected Contributor

No.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I haven't even thought about Avon in a few years.  At one time, I was a big customer and I sold it for a while when I was a sahm.  I suppose someone will pay $1000 for it.  I wouldn't call it a foolish perchase, if the person likes it and has the money to pay for it.  

@chrystaltree  Thank you, my sentiments exactly.

Honored Contributor

@newname0 I think it's butt ugly. For years, since I was a young teen and later, I loved and bought Cotillion in all its forms. I would love to find it again but I know it's gone.

The only thing in my 20's that even came close, fragrance wise, was the original Love's Baby Soft.

Sigh. I miss them both.

Honored Contributor

Gee, I'm surprised this isn't on QVC and I can just hear the hosts say how this would make a great "stocking stuffer"......😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

geez that’s a big no.  I think I treat myself when I buy $60 perfume.  Avon would be a no for sure.  When I look at all the holiday sets everywhere for great brands and reasonable costs.  

Ok, I will take Donny also.   Hehe.

Respected Contributor

People still wear perfume?  I thought that went out years ago.   And that thing is tacky too.

Respected Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

This item is from Avon's brochure for C-1.  It's a bottle of perfume for 1,000.  Would anyone here pay that much for perfume?  I think their new owners from Korea are really banking on customers who don't mind being foolish with their money.

What is C-1?