Esteemed Contributor

@kathyz, Thank you for letting us know.  So far I've resisted all of the past sleighs I've seen here and elsewhere, in silver and gold.  I may have to get this in the bronze.  I definitely don't want to order without seeing a photo, though, because it could be awful with bright blobs of silver glitter everywhere.  

I looked up some old posts from last year and found that Jill sold this sleigh last year in her show around 10-21-2015.  I hope we don't have to wait three more weeks to see what the bronze looks like.  :-(

I also searched online, trying to see other examples of resin sleighs, hoping to see one done in antiqued bronze.  No luck!  If anyone sees one, please post.

I did run across Raz Imports Fall & Winter 2016 wholesale catalog, and flipped through it.  That was really fun.  The catalog is full of items for all styles of holiday decorating.  No bronze sleighs, though.  

Honored Contributor

Image result for Antique Bronze sleighs

Now, this is a sleigh.  I'd love to have it to use on an antique side board that I have. 

Speaking of the sleigh here in antique bronze, we have no idea what color it will be since QVC's color description is sometimes hard to decipher.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@kathyz, Thank you for letting us know.  So far I've resisted all of the past sleighs I've seen here and elsewhere, in silver and gold.  I may have to get this in the bronze.  I definitely don't want to order without seeing a photo, though, because it could be awful with bright blobs of silver glitter everywhere.  

I looked up some old posts from last year and found that Jill sold this sleigh last year in her show around 10-21-2015.  I hope we don't have to wait three more weeks to see what the bronze looks like.  :-(

I also searched online, trying to see other examples of resin sleighs, hoping to see one done in antiqued bronze.  No luck!  If anyone sees one, please post.

I did run across Raz Imports Fall & Winter 2016 wholesale catalog, and flipped through it.  That was really fun.  The catalog is full of items for all styles of holiday decorating.  No bronze sleighs, though.  

@SHOPR  You are correct on the date the sleigh sold last year.  I ordered mine on 10-21-15. 

I have looked and no antique bronze sleighs so far.  I see sleigh beds in that color but they are wood so would look different. Most of what I see makes me think the sleigh might have an antique finish (with blobs of silver or gold glitter, like you mentioned) but never know. 

Honored Contributor

shopping.jpg

Contributor

UPDATE, just received this sleigh in silver, I missed it last yr, but got the gold which I returned, I have LR's sleigh, but this one I received today is outstanding, a litte glitter, and bigger then I remember, and nicely done.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Now, this is a sleigh.  I'd love to have it to use on an antique side board that I have. 

Speaking of the sleigh here in antique bronze, we have no idea what color it will be since QVC's color description is sometimes hard to decipher.

@lucymo  What a fabulous sleigh!  How did you come by the picture?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  What a fabulous sleigh!  How did you come by the picture?

I googled antique  bronze sleigh and looked through the images that came up on Google.  They have several really nice ones pictured.

@mousiegirl

Honored Contributor

https://www.google.com/search?q=Antique+bronze+sleigh&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&tbm=isch&tb...

@mousiegirl

This is just pictures of 19th Century Russian sleighs. They are not for sale.  I don't know if the link will work or not.

The link takes you there but you have to scroll down to find them.  Ypu can just type in 19th century Russian sleighs on google and it will take you to some interesting pictures of their sleighs.

Honored Contributor

Image result for !9th century russian sleighs

@mousiegirl  Look at this one.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Antique+bronze+sleigh&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&tbm=isch&tb...

@mousiegirl

This is just pictures of 19th Century Russian sleighs. They are not for sale.  I don't know if the link will work or not.

The link takes you there but you have to scroll down to find them.  Ypu can just type in 19th century Russian sleighs on google and it will take you to some interesting pictures of their sleighs.

@lucymo  Yes, I realize they are not for sale.Smiley Happy