Honored Contributor

Re: "CRITTER DECOR" IN SUMMER

@on the bayand @1Snickers ,  wow, dolphins and frogs--  you are adventurous and "amphibious" (although dolphins are mammals, aren't they?).  Super collections.  The closest I come to your exotics is I have a sort of abstract ceramic tea light holder, that if you look at it the right way, it looks like a sea anemone!

@mousiegirl,  you are renowned for your year round animals-- your discerning hubby had your number!  Would you say bunnies are your favorites?  Love giraffes also, so sweet, graceful and  but don't have any...

@ECBG,  what an exquisite, authentic-looking little bird.  I will direct my hubby there too-- he is a fanatic back yard birder who loves and knows all their colorations, "calls" etc.  Always looking different ones up in our bird book...

@Regal Bee,  birds and bunnies have been loves of mine too from the beginning-- they're my perennial faves, along with elephants...

Oh, can't forget cats and dogs.  Have a stylized teak wood cat from Thailand, and a single, slightly "distressed" Staffordshire dog.  Since the pup doesn't have his 'partner',  I have him sitting in a small, shallow oval vintage basket in the dining room-- he looks like he just woke up from a nap in the basket....

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

I just put out china white swans in the living room with white flower arrangements. Elsewhere my frogs have hopped out. They are mostly in the foyer with oriental furniture.Some old ones from QVC have lights. 
  Wooden boxes with frog inlay are there and in the den. Nantucket baskets for keys, etc on the mantle and wildflower arrangements and candles. 

@1Snickers   DD has always loved frogs, and her room proves it, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I love all animals, and have them all over.  California Sea Otters, cats, horses, pandas, deer, giraffes, and bunnies I have the most of, and some of giraffes, koalas, and elephants.  As I mentioned, tons of birds.  A ladybug is my icon, so have told DD that after I pass, whenever she sees one, it is me.

I have stuffed, plates, canvas, framed prints, and figurines of animals.

Honored Contributor

I have bunnies, frogs, foxes, ducks, turtles, cats all displayed in different places of the house.  They are usually our for the spring/summer months and I love the look.  I am an animal advocate and wish I could be surrounded with all types of animals, live ones!!!!!.  

Honored Contributor

Oooh, you mention foxes, @spiderw --  there's another one I always admire, but don't have...  They are so cute, with their bushy tails.  I too would love to have the live ones all around-- but my three live kitties are about all I can handle!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Love the elephants! I have one on my bookshelf. 

I have other critters in my decor. I have a life size dog sculpture that looks real, a large wooden dolphin, large horse sculpture, metal birds, and a few prints and paintings with animals in them hanging on my walls. Everything stays out all year except the rabbits come out for Spring & the reindeer comes out for Winter. Love animals! 

Honored Contributor

@wilma--  Your mention of reindeer reminds me that it's one type of animal I wish I had.  They are so beautiful and majestic!  So far, only have one on a Christmas pillow I bring out in December.