Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone picked up any "as is" Christmas items?

There were a few things from Valerie that I wanted and I was able to grab a couple.

They arrived in good condition ......so far (fingers crossed). I have the sleigh with reindeer on the way and I hope it doesn't arrive broken.

This is only the second time that I have ordered As is. The other time it was shoes and they were fine.

Respected Contributor

I have ordered VPH Gingerbread Houses as is and they were fine. Boxes a bit tattered. I also did o.k.with two illuminators in the metal bag container. Last year three figures on timers,two snowmen and a tree for my kitchen window ledge. Box again was not the best but o.k. 

I ordered a pair of shoes once that were worn so never again will I order anynshoes or clothing as don't want to chance it.   If an item is damage or broken one can still send back for a refund just the same as a regular item.

Respected Contributor

If these items were listed "As is " before Christmas and discounted well I might chance it. But i have a feeling because of QVC's return policy for Christmas items some probably ordered them  and used them at Christmas and then returned them. I know someone who purchased an artificial Christmas tree from a B&M store and did just that. To me this is sort of gaming the system. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered two sets of "as is"  Bethlehem Lights window candles - they were perfect and worked perfectly.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's hit or miss with the "as is" items.  I've had okay luck and bad luck.  I also will never order clothing or shoes again from "as is" (I won't even get into it but it's been discussed in other threads).   I have ordered VPH items in the past and they have been fine, it is a good deal because her items are pricey at times.

Esteemed Contributor

No for me because if you receive something broken  unusuable  that cannot be exchanged is a waste of money.  If it was on a shelf at a store , you could inspect in person and make an informed  decision as to if you could live  or still use the defective item. 

Respected Contributor

I order a lot of things "as-is", including clothing and shoes.  The only things that had to be sent back over the years were a couple of glass items that arrived broken.  

So far, the clothing/shoe items that I've bought "as-is" were brand new, never worn so I've been lucky.

Enjoy your items!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I have gotten a few "as is" holiday items last year and they were in great condition!  Good savings too!

Respected Contributor

I ordered three sets of lights.  I've only received two and one was sent without the wall plug piece so will have to be returned.  I also ordered a set of the jeweled porcelain ornaments to give as gifts next year.  Those should arrive this week.  My fingers are crossed that they work and are in good condition.

As others stated, I have had mixed luck with as-is items.  Most have been perfect, but every once in a while I get a clunker that has to be returned.  That experience is true with regular purchases from QVC, too, though.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

No for me because if you receive something broken  unusuable  that cannot be exchanged is a waste of money.  If it was on a shelf at a store , you could inspect in person and make an informed  decision as to if you could live  or still use the defective item. 

I have returned broken or defective "as is" items with no problem.