Respected Contributor

Did anyone receive their P & H (H215887) wind spinner Big Deal from last week or so? I received mine yesterday and there's no way to connect the 2 pieces. There's the hanger on the top part and a clip on the bottom part, but no way to connect the two. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue? I called P & H and they were no help. CS said to watch the video. but it doesn't show the underside of the top part to show what the connector looks like. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Valued Contributor

I never had that one. but anything we had from them broke and was not worth the money. I say send it back. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks @tockermanfor your reply. I am sending back, but getting a replacement. Hopefully, that will have the mising part. Thanks also to Anise in the question/answer section who told me what should have been the attachment inside the spinner which I didn't have in mine. Thanks, everyone.

Honored Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

I never had that one. but anything we had from them broke and was not worth the money. I say send it back. 

I certainly don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but in my opinion, 90% of what I see from Plow and Hearth on QVC looks like cheap junk to me. 

And I'm not criticizing style. Many things are cute/pretty in design but a simple close up of the item shows lack of quality materials and construction. 

The only really nice thing I've ever seen in their line is a couple of sheep (resin I believe) for outdoors my mom got a few years ago. Very well done, great detail and quality. 

I don't even watch their shows anymore, I'm so off put by the quality just by sight alone.

Honored Contributor

Re: plow and hearth

[ Edited ]

It may depend on what you order but Ive always been pleased with my Plow and Hearth purchases:.

I ordered a Holiday Swirl Snowman Wind Spinner last year-very nice quality, heavy metal, well made and nicely painted

A goregeous Fall Wreath, that put Valerie's wreaths to shame (and cheaper than VPH too).....

And a set of Mini Snow Globe Ornaments-nicely done.......

And a Wind Chime.........

And a Resin Bunny Garden Statue holding a lantern jar.......

The vendor that's hit or miss for me is Valerie she has lovely things, beautiful things, and cute whimsical things but sadly sometimes the quality is lacking---sloppy paint jobs, chunks of clue on items, missing beads, cheap looking florals, and on a frosted glass candle holder thumbprints were actually imbedded in the glass.  Dont get me wrong I Iike Valerie and her home decor line, she just needs to focus more on quality control.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”