Respected Contributor

over-sized theme

[ Edited ]

According to Dan Hughes the trend this year is for everything to be big and oversized. From the 4' nutcrackers to the 12' inflatable Santa and tree the buyers are pushing all these oversized dramatic pieces on us.   As a reminder not everyone has cathedral ceilings or open floor plans. QVC seems to be missing the mark this Holiday season. Even Valerie is pushing glitter.  Where are the traditional pieces ? QVCs buyers all seem to be in their 20s and 30s. Again, the older more traditional customer is being neglected.

Honored Contributor

I agree - the TSV on Q2 today is a 21" santa or angel figurine from Jim Shore.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I agree - the TSV on Q2 today is a 21" santa or angel figurine from Jim Shore.

I have 10 1/2 ft ceilings so I do have a 9ft tree.(not from QVC - i paid a much more reasonable price for a lovely tree at Home Depot) Our house is kinda quirky with several nooks and crannies and one of them on the wall opposite the foyer is large enough to comfortably place such a large tree. And bonus - on one side of that nook is a half height wall that's open at the top half into the kitchen, so the tree is visible from all the public spaces in the house, and even from 2 of the bedrooms if the door is open.

Respected Contributor

I live in a condo, where would I put oversized decor?

Esteemed Contributor

Incredibly.

Tacky.

Respected Contributor

From the over size to the mini size, however you choose to decorate your home...Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

WOW am I glad I’m not trendy........

Trusted Contributor

I think some of the over-sized items are pretty cool. I like a lot of the outdoor items David had (elves, TSV, large ornaments, etc.), but I'm not into the inflatables, over-sized wreaths, and things like that.  My biggest problem with these items is really the price. I know they are probably worth the $130+ pricetag, but I just can't justify spending that much on one item.  I feel like they shut-out a lot of their customer base with those kinds of high priced items.

Over-sized decor might not be for everyone, but I do think having one or two items (if you have the room) isn't so bad.

Respected Contributor

I like the idea of oversized items where they make sense.  So many people have those two story rooms where standard sizes get lost.  It's all about scale and proportion.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I like the idea of oversized items where they make sense.  So many people have those two story rooms where standard sizes get lost.  It's all about scale and proportion.

While I don't want or need these oversized items, I do agree that they are appropriate for those large scale rooms. And remember how last year everyone was asking for larger items, instead of all the little pieces? Well, they heard us, but went all out with the idea, lol.

"To each their own, in all things".