Honored Contributor

Re: new holiday treat jars from Cheryl's

@GingerPeach wrote:

@loriqvc 

Uh-oh.  I didn't need to know how much better some of the other types are!  Woman LOL

==== @GingerPeach that pumpkin is gorgeous. I suppose I shouldn't tell you how great some of their bars are! The individual wrapping is what I like because they stay fresh.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Adorable, @loriqvc  Thanks for the heads-up.

I got the white pumpkin jar from QVC.  It's really a nice piece.

Still available, too.

Image result for cheryl's pumpkin jar"

@GingerPeach or @loriqvc could you tell me how big it is? If it holds 18 cookies, I'm thinking it is fairly large. My reason to asking is that I'd like something big to hold about three bags of Halloween candy - the fun size bars. It's the kind of thing I'd bring out year after year.

Honored Contributor

very cute!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@AuntG 

The white pumpkin is 5 inches high from the base to the opening (this does not include the height of the lid).

The opening itself is seven inches across from open side to open side. There is a small "lip."

It is a bit over 8 inches from side to side of the "rounder" portion.

I hope that makes sense.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Cheryl's recently debuted some adorable new holiday treat jars; they're currently only available on the company website (just search for JAR), but they come filled with lots of tasty goodies at fairly reasonable prices:

chaletjar.jpg

truckjar.jpg

santajar.jpg

snowmanjar.jpg

Those are adorable!

Honored Contributor

Cheryl's forces one to open an account with password or nothing can be bought.  I don't shop at any company that does this, usually it is an option wherever I shop..

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl - The Cheryl's website does offer a "Guest Checkout" option; you can choose to register as part of the process but you do not have to do so to place an order.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@mousiegirl - The Cheryl's website does offer a "Guest Checkout" option; you can choose to register as part of the process but you do not have to do so to place an order.

@loriqvc   I did not see that at all, so I called and was told I had to open an accouint in order to buy something.   After seeing your post now, I went back and did see guest checkout, but what a process, weird, now am debating whether I should buy the item, expensive with shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl - I agree that shipping prices can be high, but sadly, that's true just about everywhere when it comes to specialty food. It may sound a bit crazy and expensive upfront, but if you think you'll place even two orders from Cheryl's or its partner sites within a year, I recommend the Passport option. You pay $19.99 for the Passport, which includes shipping on the order you place at the time of signup, and after that, all your shipping is FREE. When I posted about the new jars in this thread, I decided that I was craving some of the apple pie bars I mentioned—and with a $10 off coupon code that Cheryl's sent with a previous order and my Passport that I bought a few months ago, I paid only $14 for my treats (half price) when I checked out on Tuesday and will get them tomorrow (much faster than the usual 7-14 days). Just something to think about...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@mousiegirl - I agree that shipping prices can be high, but sadly, that's true just about everywhere when it comes to specialty food. It may sound a bit crazy and expensive upfront, but if you think you'll place even two orders from Cheryl's or its partner sites within a year, I recommend the Passport option. You pay $19.99 for the Passport, which includes shipping on the order you place at the time of signup, and after that, all your shipping is FREE. When I posted about the new jars in this thread, I decided that I was craving some of the apple pie bars I mentioned—and with a $10 off coupon code that Cheryl's sent with a previous order and my Passport that I bought a few months ago, I paid only $14 for my treats (half price) when I checked out on Tuesday and will get them tomorrow (much faster than the usual 7-14 days). Just something to think about...

@loriqvc   I was only interested in the Santa baking cookie jar for my gingerbread display, but changed my mind, so big to store, and more than I want to pay, of course, I could change my mind, lol.  The only cookie I liked from Cheryl's was the tiny gingerbread men, but it was discontinued right after I discovered it, so that was that.