Respected Contributor

Re: new harvest goodies from Valerie added to the site

@loriqvc wrote:

@pupwhipped - Here's my seasonally appropriate evil Halloween laugh: MWAH HA HA HA HA!  Smiley Wink   Seriously, though, enjoy your new treasures.

@loriqvc, Girl, you got that laugh down pat! Ha!

But seriously, I do thank you for your post. I really love Valerie's icons. The candy corn ones just had to be mine. Glad that I saw them and ordered. I check regularly for the ones that are shaped like stars...they are red, white and blue, item H213559. I sooooo wish she would bring those back in. Those and the shells sold like hotcakes but haven't been back since. I did order the boats as they were all that were left. Really love them but want the stars, too. I'm just greedy like that. Woman Wink   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If anyone likes those faux wood slices you can get real wood slices all over the place for about half the price. I have quite a few. Last year I wanted to use them for chargers but wanted uniform sizes - the real ones are all slightly different. I ordered twenty from Target, picked out eight that were all about 13" diameter and returned the rest. They were about $12 each.

Trusted Contributor

@froggy
I was thinking the same thing about that pricing. I will just be watching though because I have definitely reached my limits in fall. But I still enjoy the shows.

I’ve been wandering how you are doing @froggy. Hope you aren’t getting to sick from your treatments.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR The ribbed pumpkins you saw are available. Ribbed Pumpkins

Thanks @Marsha2003  and @loriqvc .

Maybe it's just me, but they look different than they looked in the how-to decorating video.  The seams, segments, or tufts are not as pumpkin-like, if that makes sense.  I will be passing.  

From the previous video:

Screenshot_2019-08-30-18-50-42-1.png

From item listing:

Screenshot_2019-08-30-18-54-47-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-30-19-23-58-1.png

Esteemed Contributor

I may order the large indoor/outdoor carved look pumpkins, but am still undecided.  I need to see the ivory and the presentation.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm tired of Valerie and her various commemorative goodies.  Same old stuff.

@Kachina624  I tend to agree... Same things over and over... Not seeing much of the really pretty things she used to offer... Given what she brings, I also have to say I see items every bit as appealing and more so for less at a variety of places, including Target and all the TJX stores...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@ladycos wrote:
@froggy
I was thinking the same thing about that pricing. I will just be watching though because I have definitely reached my limits in fall. But I still enjoy the shows.

I’ve been wandering how you are doing @froggy. Hope you aren’t getting to sick from your treatments.

@ladycos 

Awww! Thanks for asking. It's been pretty brutal but the first four are the worst and I'm halfway thru those. Not up to fall decorating yet but hoping to feel better for Christmas.

Will you be visiting your Christmas store this year?

Trusted Contributor

@froggy
I’m glad you have those four over with. Hopefully the worst part is over for you I’ve wandered how you were doing.

I hope you feel like decorating for Christmas. I look forward to your pics. But totally understand if you don’t.

Yes I hope to go to the Christmas store this year. I have a lot going on for the next three months but hopefully I can sneak off for at least those four days. It’s a one time a year girls trip with my sisters and our mom. We look forward to it so much every October.
For me the Christmas store is the high light of our trip. That and spending time with my sisters.
Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR - I'm not sure what you're seeing that appears so different; the images look nearly identical to me. Hopefully the live presentation will be more helpful for you in making a decision.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR The ribbed pumpkins you saw are available. Ribbed Pumpkins

Thanks @Marsha2003  and @loriqvc .

Maybe it's just me, but they look different than they looked in the how-to decorating video.  The seams, segments, or tufts are not as pumpkin-like, if that makes sense.  I will be passing.  

From the previous video:

Screenshot_2019-08-30-18-50-42-1.png

From item listing:

Screenshot_2019-08-30-18-54-47-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-30-19-23-58-1.png

I see exactly what you mean.  The segments are narrower in the video, probably 1/3 to 1/2 the size they show in the item picture.  I think it might be by size as the larger pumpkins looks to have the narrower segments in the item photo while the smaller pumpkin looks like it only has 4 - 5 total segments.