Honored Contributor

Re: my "holiday forum" friends -- I need "motivation" to put out my "bunnie

@on the bay wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Please don't feel bad. I just noticed yesterday that my Christmas wreath is still up. I guess l'm so used to seeing it that it became part of the decor. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 🤣

The other day, I was sitting on our front porch and it was dark. I looked to the side and one of our neighbors still had their colored Christmas lights on their tree!

I loved seeing it and it made me happy. So keep your wreath up there!

@on the bay , You know it's a live wreath that I got from LLBean and it still looks good. I took the  red plaid bow off, and it's good for awhile longer.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I haven't bought them as yet but the soft padding (not rubber) was what my flooring contractor recommended.

Is there some other type? 

ty

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    I don't reccomend any particular type but I always get one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@homedecor1 I second what @Kachina624 said.  I started the great purge of my household items and home decor after Christmas.  I am still not done. Smiley Sad I am exhausted. I am taking a load of Easter and home good items to the consignment shop Saturday.  I just decided if I can just get the basement back to normal and spring clean the house that will be good.  Looking forward to seeing everyone's Easter pics!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   Sorry to hear about your husband...I hope the follow up goes well.

I got my easter things out about 3 weeks ago...I was bored and it was cold outside...nothing to do inside so out came Easter, a tad early!  

Some days you just feel like doing nothing...if that's where you're at, so be it!

Respected Contributor

I didn't do much decorating this year.  Put 2 bunnies with those Valerie Parhil eggs on pedastals on my hallway table.  That's it for inside.  Put Spring wreahs on doors and planted some spring flowers.  Done.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 good wishes for your DH!

As someone who has had a couple of bouts of pneumonia and then misdiagnosed, get a copy of his radiologist's report for yourself.

I was at the Real Big Name hospital that you got down there, too. Seems my then dr somehow forgot to mention the radiologist's should rule out's. 

Finding another opinion saved my life.

Honored Contributor

My house has been decorated for Easter for a couple of weeks.  I wasn't going to decorate at all but thought of all the cute items I have and why not put them out.  Sometimes you start with a few things and before you know it is a domino affect.

Whether you have a couple of decorations out or a roomful, if it makes you happy and you enjoy your collection, that is what counts. 

Honored Contributor

I forced myself to get my stuff out just yesterday. I only have one smallish container, and a few things that I put out, so not a big deal either way. It basically consists of just a few rabbits, and they are all done in neutral browns, tans, distressed bronze colors to go with my more neutral decor these days. I really should get them out earlier and leave them up longer, because they don't really scream Easter or Easter bunny. 

I am less and less into holiday decor. I still love putting out my fall stuff, and that collection has grown over the years, but it feels so worth it because it is up for three months at my house, and makes the investment and the work worth it.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I forced myself to get my stuff out just yesterday. I only have one smallish container, and a few things that I put out, so not a big deal either way. It basically consists of just a few rabbits, and they are all done in neutral browns, tans, distressed bronze colors to go with my more neutral decor these days. I really should get them out earlier and leave them up longer, because they don't really scream Easter or Easter bunny. 

I am less and less into holiday decor. I still love putting out my fall stuff, and that collection has grown over the years, but it feels so worth it because it is up for three months at my house, and makes the investment and the work worth it.

@Mominohio   All of my seasonal decor is up for three months, which does make it easier to get motivated.