Esteemed Contributor

Re: more pumpkins + a pumpkin truck cookie jar!

[ Edited ]

I was at ShopKo last night and found some great pumpkins as well as a cute distressed red truck, in case anyone is still looking for one. All had really nice prices.

They were also getting a little start on their Christmas items and it was kind of funny to see cutesy woodland critters and sparkly ornaments next to the skeletons and other spooky Halloween decor. Smiley Happy

And by way of update, my pierced pumpkin that appears as the first photo in this thread arrived yesterday--it is quite nice, though the lighting isn't as strong as I might have hoped, so it does best when placed up a little higher than the eyeline and near a wall so the pattern of the light is more noticeable. I thought about getting a second one to see if that would maximize the impact but there aren't any more available at the bargain price I got.

Honored Contributor

@Coopsmommy wrote:

Oh No You didn't @froggy and @mousiegirl

I don't know if I'll live long enough to see the holidays if I don't put a stop to the madness! LOL (kinda)

I'm in a real pickle now.....I really wanted that ivory truck of Valeries for my covered porch it sold out so I've been stalking as is. No luck but I saw the blue one and it really grew on me so I though what the heck and bought it. Then this morning at 5:45 am I noticed the as is ivory so of course I rationalized how much money I was saving and got it too!!! It's insanity I tell you. How in the world am I going to hide these trucks from the hubster? Smiley Happy

You could tell him you picked them up at a garage sale or thrift store as you were just passing by! LOL

@Coopsmommy

Esteemed Contributor

So . . . I may or may not have just been browsing Amazon during a boring conference call and stumbled across this canister set:

I really wish they just had the acorn available; I have plenty of pumpkins and don't need to start introducing critters into the harvest madness. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Coopsmommy wrote:

@loriqvc

OKAY MISS LORIQVC trouble-maker and decor enabler extraordinare......why oh why did I click on the Holiday forum???!!!!

I have wanted the stained glass pumplin for a couple of years and it was just too pricey, now that it is $68 I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!  LOL

I hope you or Froggy will offer me a place to live once my husband divorces me for buying all of this stuff.

@Coopsmommy - I got my stained glass pumpkin yesterday and love it! Just in case it's helpful, I thought I'd mention that if you want to reposition that "vine" that sticks straight up, you'll have to sort of break off a bit of the fake soldering material on the stem to release it. (Just be careful!) I liked the effect of it curling down more, so I went ahead and did that. I also found a four-pack of the "night light" type bulbs required for the pumpkin for only $2 at Target.

I hope you get yours soon and enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine! Smiley Happy