Honored Contributor

I know it's me!  I have enough, probably more than enough.   I suspect I'm quite normal given my age and my shopping history.  The time  to spend any

extra money on services to make my life easier and experiences to make it more interesting is now.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

Definitely not just you @Mominohio. Absolutely nothing is speaking to me today...not even Valerie. The other day, I picked up a couple as is items that I missed last year but that's it.  I've spent the last few days going through totes of Christmas decor, trying to pare down and donate unused items, so maybe I'm just Christmased out.

I just don't have the space, the time or energy for Christmas decorating that I used to. I've actually been toying with the idea of getting a smaller, more manageable Christmas tree. 😳  At this point, a new Christmas decor item would have to jump through the tv, onto my lap, smother me in kisses and swear it's undying love for me to pull out my wallet. 😄  Not today QVC. That may happen CIJ weekend...we'll see. 

That's hilarious @Maltichonmom17

And the decor items that would do all that.......would have to be a puppy! LOL

@Mominohio, in that case, I REALLY don't need to shop...I already have one of those. 💓

0004C30E-D06F-4152-8A41-B8D4E0A50FA9.jpg

Respected Contributor

I don't decorate for Christmas anymore and it's 105 where I live so haven't been interested in watching CIJ. 

Trusted Contributor

When it's hot and humid, it's hard to think Christmas.  I need some wreaths; have a VPH one in my cart but not sure.  Only watched a little today.  

Can't imagine not putting up a tree!  Our kids are grown but I still love the warmth of the lights during our cold MN winter.

Respected Contributor

I don’t buy holiday items too much anymore here or anywhere. I like what I have. I guess it would just have to jump out at me screaming “you really need me... buy me buy me!!”.

I got rid of so much that was sitting there in boxes. I still have a few backup boxes, if I feel the need for something new, I can always go thru them and pick out something that I have not seen in years - see, just like new!!

Oh, I am not saying if something really got my attention somewhere sometime that It would just it there... probably not. But, I would REALLY have to LOVE it!!

I am amazed I can actually do this with Christmas stuff, as I love it so much, jewelry is far more tempting to me though I have to say... I MUST work on that too!

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I know it's me!  I have enough, probably more than enough.   I suspect I'm quite normal given my age and my shopping history.  The time  to spend any

extra money on services to make my life easier and experiences to make it more interesting is now.

@millieshops  Well said.  I'm in a new phase of life, and buying this stuff is not part of it. And, I've purged a great deal of my past purchases over the course of this year.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

I'm also in the process of getting rid of many decorative items I've accumulated over the years. My Achilles heel is Christmas tho, and did order the VPH slim tree. Bought the 5 ft. with colored lights.. has excellent reviews. Also ordered the clear adhesive hangers for wreaths on mirrors. Had great reviews too. The TSV's were cute & looked well-made, but I managed to resist !  

Honored Contributor

I don't care for CIJ.  I have waited and waited for summer and nice weather and we are finally getting some, although it is a great deal hotter than I would like.  But still, it is way better than winter!  So, no thank you--- they can keep their CIJ products --- I don't even want to look.  Winter and shopping and decorating and Christmas will come soon enough.  I enjoy the season --- but not now.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have much more than I'll ever need - I'm planning to thin it out this year when I get it all out to decorate.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops

You make a great point. 

I remember in the not so distant past, being really mindful of NOT spending money on many services. We did everything ourselves. 

I still would like to, but the body has a way of telling you different with the passage of time. 

Now, I too see the value in paying for certain things to be done to make life easier, rather than always buying 'things' to add joy to life. 

Joy is found in different ways at different times in our lives, that is for sure.