Frequent Contributor

I have been following Lisa Robertson's decorating videos on her facebook page.  She uses swags to insert in a garland to make it fuller and have more interest.  She states they were items she designed for her QVC shows.  I can't find the ones she is showing so they must have sold out last year.  Can anyone suggest a swag that they have had success in using for this application?  Most of Valerie's have bows in them and I want ones without.  Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: lisa's swags for garland

I had a floral / home decor business for years and found some of my favorite swags at Micaheal's craft stores.  If you have a Pat Catan's in your area they would be my first choice. Jo Ann Fabrics and crafts have some items and they have some good sales.

If you can't find the swags you might consider using picks.  Thre are some really nice size jumbo picks that have multiple items wound onto one pick.  I like these because they are easier to insert and a lighter in weight.  I use the 9' BL garland and it is heavy. It is very nice but you need to really secure it.  IMy favorites are pipe cleaners or 3M command strips. Hope this helps you out. 

Trusted Contributor

I have heard Lisa say that she gets some of her swags at Michael's.  I have not tried adding the swags, mainly because of the cost (I'd need so many in my 9' garland) but I have successfully added picks and other things. It makes a world of difference. Have fun! 

Super Contributor

Hi, this suggestion might help someone with securing garland, etc.  I got the noble fir ties but both of them are from the Improvements catalog.  I used them for securing everything last year and they were also good for filling in a sparse wreath and garland.

• Noble Fir Garland...Noble Fir Garland Ties-Set of 20
    $16.99

• 20" Garland Twist...
    • Red           
    • 20" Garland Twist Ties   $16.99

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Lisa presented these last year to secure garland - H201598 Garland Grabbers or by Valerie H207503 Bungee Bobbles.

Frequent Contributor

I don't know if you have the item number - it is H203803.  I have the garland, wreath and swags.  Sometimes if you check out the "as is" items you can pick them up that way.  I checked and the wreath is still in stock - maybe the garland will come back in too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@westiemama wrote:

I have been following Lisa Robertson's decorating videos on her facebook page.  She uses swags to insert in a garland to make it fuller and have more interest.  She states they were items she designed for her QVC shows.  I can't find the ones she is showing so they must have sold out last year.  Can anyone suggest a swag that they have had success in using for this application?  Most of Valerie's have bows in them and I want ones without.  Thanks for any help anyone can give.

It could be this set.  In the video you can also see the swags. 

http://www.qvc.com/Apple-and-Berry-18-Wreath-or-4-Garland.product.H203798.html

I'm glad Lisa put her videos on YouTube.  It will be easier to see them all in one place on her channel, at least for me it will be.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGDxFnY9SWQFzA5kKNQGn1CjY9j2jMB46