Esteemed Contributor

Re: gorgeous iridescent ceramic pumpkins!

I just had to return to note that my black pumpkins shipped the day after I ordered them and are scheduled to arrive exactly one week after the order date...  Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I just had to return to note that my black pumpkins shipped the day after I ordered them and are scheduled to arrive exactly one week after the order date...  Smiley Surprised

Lucky you!  The only thing I ordered went to backorder status after one day in process.  Blech!

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 - At the time of my post about the pumpkins, I had four items that I'd ordered before them still sitting "in process," but fortunately, they all shipped today. I'm definitely feeling lucky with my shipments lately compared to the sad tales I see from others in some of these forums—but that speedy pumpkin processing was a surprise!

Honored Contributor

I ordered the black and they arrived yesterday.  I'm sad to say they looked so much nicer on TV.  I am returning and exchanging for the orange.  I think the problem is (as I saw this with the iridescent angels I ordered) that they look much more colorful on TV because of the stage lighting.  In your home, you don't have lighting like that and I feel like you don't get the full affect of the colors.  I even tried putting some amber fair lights around the black pumpkins but all you can really see are the fairly lights.  I'm a bit disppointed.  So I'll try the orange.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 - I'm sorry to hear you didn't like your black iridescent pumpkins! I hope you gave them a chance in evening/low light before you sent them away. I opened my package just before 5:00, and I was a bit disappointed to see that the pumpkins are not really black at all—they're like a black pearl, where the undertone is grey and the overtones mimic an oil slick with lots of colors and patterns depending on how you look at them—so I just set them on the table and went about my evening plans. I was pleasantly surprised that around 8:00 or so when I happened to look their way again, the grey color seemed quite a bit darker and the iridescence was really eye-catching with only a little surrounding light making it to them. I'll definitely be checking out the pumpkins more in different settings and at different times of day to see how I feel about them overall, but I do really like them.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@rms1954 - I'm sorry to hear you didn't like your black iridescent pumpkins! I hope you gave them a chance in evening/low light before you sent them away. I opened my package just before 5:00, and I was a bit disappointed to see that the pumpkins are not really black at all—they're like a black pearl, where the undertone is grey and the overtones mimic an oil slick with lots of colors and patterns depending on how you look at them—so I just set them on the table and went about my evening plans. I was pleasantly surprised that around 8:00 or so when I happened to look their way again, the grey color seemed quite a bit darker and the iridescence was really eye-catching with only a little surrounding light making it to them. I'll definitely be checking out the pumpkins more in different settings and at different times of day to see how I feel about them overall, but I do really like them.

Mine were very black.  I was expecting the other colors to come through more.  You couldn't even see them as the kitchen got dark with the evening hours.  I did try putting fairy lights around them as I said but that didn't work.  I tried placing a few different luminara candles around them.  They just got lost in the dark.  They were bigger than I hoped.  Hopefully the orange will at least add some color.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 - It sounds like we should have switched pumpkin sets—I like mine, but I do wish they were more black!  Smiley Happy