Honored Contributor

good deal on nice christmas cards

I was at walmart today and they had a great deal on Christmas cards - 40 very pretty cards for only $12.99.  They had several different sets of designs - 4 different card designs in each set. Check it out - I doubt you'll find a better price anywhere else. The set I chose are a 50's retro design in red/white /black and grey.

Respected Contributor

Re: good deal on nice christmas cards

Thanks for the tip.  Christmas cards with a really good message are hard to find at that price.

Honored Contributor

I noticed a couple of years ago how many really nice choices in boxed Christmas cards Walmart was carrying. I have enough for maybe another two years, so I won't be purchasing, at least not until the after Christmas sales.

Honored Contributor

My economy minded Mom ALWAYS bought her cards for the next year after Christmas.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

My economy minded Mom ALWAYS bought her cards for the next year after Christmas.

I do too and then have been known to misplace them or see a beautiful design and buy more. I am about through my stash. I do love sending and receiving cards, but my list is a manageable one. 

Honored Contributor

When I worked I was always done with cards by now , had them addressed and stamped and ready to mail. Since retirement I have more time and yet I get further behind.

Honored Contributor

I have a large stash that I've been working through for several years, and will be working through several years more.  For many years I bought cards with every intention of mailing but never got around to it, thus building my stockpile.  They're very nice cards, compared to today's offering, and many were printed in Europe.  I actually hate to use them.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

I have a large stash that I've been working through for several years, and will be working through several years more.  For many years I bought cards with every intention of mailing but never got around to it, thus building my stockpile.  They're very nice cards, compared to today's offering, and many were printed in Europe.  I actually hate to use them.  Smiley Happy

Ooohh, they sound lively. Send me one! I love a good quality or vintage card, nothing like them!