Trusted Contributor

Re: after watching VPH decorating shows

I always make the rounds at the various stores before Valerie's shows to see what is in stock, so I can make wiser purchases.  This week, I saw beautiful Christmas decor at Michaels and TJ Maxx.  The prices were fantastic.  I love the uniqueness of the offerings on QVC, but my bad luck with receiving broken or defective items in the mail have steered me toward buying stuff in store if it is comparable to what I see on TV.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a couple of items from the shows - pearl mercury glass birds (I already have couple of sets of the red) and some red and white candle rings. 

I made the rounds Monday of World Market, Pier One, Michaels, Pottery Barn - glitter seems to be the theme everywhere. 

Honored Contributor

This a tad off topic, but if you are at all interested in that Joan Rivers big bee glass ornament, check out Target first.  They have a VERY similar one (in clear crystals, not colored crystals)  for a fraction of the cost.  Beware though, they are quite fragile!

Super Contributor

I really like Valerie, and like many of her decorating ideas. I had the pleasure of meeting her on a QVC tour several years ago, and she's as gracious in person as she is on TV. However, I have been disappointed in her items these last few seasons. Not a lot of new. Seems to me much of her line is redesigned things that have been seen previous seasons. Not a fan of her mercury glass when you have pets and grandchildren. Too many breakable things. Her Christmas line this season didn't 'wow' me. Some of her flameless candles don't get great reviews. Would like to see more new, starting with her spring line.