Esteemed Contributor

Re: ZULILY - HERE IS A GOOD EXAMPLE

@mousiegirl 

I've bought a lot of faux floral stuff in my day from many places and NEVER have I heard of something like you've pictured referred to as a "set."

That's is very deceptive on their part, and I would complain for sure.  

Most places refer to a singular item like that as a "stem."

It's just wrong to say "set" one it is attached like it is.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I've bought a lot of faux floral stuff in my day from many places and NEVER have I heard of something like you've pictured referred to as a "set."

That's is very deceptive on their part, and I would complain for sure.  

Most places refer to a singular item like that as a "stem."

It's just wrong to say "set" one it is attached like it is.

@Witchy Woman   Obviously, the person describing items doesn't know what he/she is doing.  I will call customer service about it, but it won't do any good.  Once, I bought a candle holder described at 16" tall, it is 4" tall, so did receive a refund, but the erroneous description remained for at least another year, so I doubt they made any money on those.

Since the "takeover," I find the email customer service is very poor, used to be excellent, so now I have to call customer service, but if an item is broken, I still send pictures.  I used to receive a response the same or next day via email, now I don't wait over one week before I call, and that service is excellent.

Another time, three ornaments in varying sizes, were pictured, so I assumed I would receive all three, not so, only one, so I had to send several emails in order to be able to return without paying for the postage.  I told them it made no sense to show three items when only one was being offered, etc.

The excellent customer service and the unique and beautiful items I find at zulily keeps me returning, and the majority of what I receive is perfect, but incorrect descriptions drive me nuts.

I have to call about some items soon, so wil mention this erroneous description, but the item is sold out and with no item number, a huge flaw in their system, nothing will be done.  When I complain, I tell the person to inform the powers that be of such and such.  One customer service rep actually thanked me saying they wouldn't know something was wrong unless they were told by a customer, humph.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't purchased from Zulily since I received two bird houses that ended up looking nothing like the picture.  They were UGLY!  Plus I assumed (lesson learned)  the top would open so I could decorate them inside.  From the picture, it looked liked the top would open.  Not!

Only the floor of the cage opened.  Kinda hard to decorate like that.

I donated them.

I've just been unlucky with Zu.  The few times I've ordered have been disappointing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl  I edited this post because I happened to think that the pick I showed probably had a stem, even though I couldn't see one in the picture.  That could've made it 30 inches long I suppose.

I had a good long look at this item, puzzled at its listed dimensions.  It is supposed to be a pick that is 30 inches long, but I just can't see it being over 15 inches or so.  You just never know with Zulily.  

White Pumpkin & Pinecone Fall Plant Pick

Screenshot_2019-09-14-15-10-56-1.png

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl  I edited this post because I happened to think that the pick I showed probably had a stem, even though I couldn't see one in the picture.  That could've made it 30 inches long I suppose.

I had a good long look at this item, puzzled at its listed dimensions.  It is supposed to be a pick that is 30 inches long, but I just can't see it being over 15 inches or so.  You just never know with Zulily.  

White Pumpkin & Pinecone Fall Plant Pick

Screenshot_2019-09-14-15-10-56-1.png

@SHOPR   I saw this, but decided it was Halloweenie, mildewed leaves, but otherwise I like it.  I  thought it was a garland, but I havn't heard of a 30" garland.  It looks too short to be a garland. but If you buy it and it is not a stem, you will be refunded.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl Yes, it certainly does look more like a short garland than a pick.  I decided to pass, and keep checking for Valerie's ivory velvet pumpkin picks as-is.  I have seen the orange choice as-is, but would rather have the ivory.  

Honored Contributor

Another irritant is that an item can be one price, then it can appear months later for a higher cost, or it can appear for a much lower cost, what's up with that!

Honored Contributor

I am so not a fan of Zulily. I bought one time (some men's UnderArmor expensive underwear for my son.....TMI) and I was disappointed. It was like they were seconds. We'd bought the brand and style many times other places, and these just weren't nearly the quality.

I don't like their lack of descriptions, lack of telling brands sometimes, and in general lack of pictures of various sides of things.

I am spoiled by QVC and the videos. I love seeing things 'in person' and getting a much better idea of what I'm buying. I don't like Amazon for the same reasons as Zulily. I just don't like to spend my money with one or two tiny pictures, and descriptions that aren't always correct or detailed. 

I do like these picks though, very pretty!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio  I dislike those same things you mentioned.  I do like how they combine tons of decor pieces in the same listing, though.  It is sometimes amazing to me just how many things they offer.  QVC has them beat, usually, on photos and descriptions, but doesn't have the selection.  I almost never browse any category except home.