Honored Contributor

ZULILY - HERE IS A GOOD EXAMPLE

I love zulily, and spend way too much there, but I came across this tonight, perfect colors for what I need, so bought one.  I knew the description couldn't be correct, looking at the price, so I stared at the picture and realized that the "set of 7," are the seven skinny branches in the one bouquet.  Someone will buy this thinking they will get seven bouquets.

Arrangement - Set of Seven

Honored Contributor

Re: ZULILY - HERE IS A GOOD EXAMPLE

Wow, that is just not right....should read 1 sprig...or something like that.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl Nice pic - I'm sure would look nice in an arrangement or mantle decoration. 

I like zulilly but I find them very deceptive.  After getting stung a few times I'm very cautious about anything I purchase.  Calling something a "set" implies there are more than one.  To say the 7 branches make a "set"-I don't buy that.  Not good customer relations or service at all.  They should be ashamed 

Trusted Contributor

It sure is a pretty stem @mousiegirl .  I love the colors.

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@mousiegirl Nice pic - I'm sure would look nice in an arrangement or mantle decoration. 

I like zulilly but I find them very deceptive.  After getting stung a few times I'm very cautious about anything I purchase.  Calling something a "set" implies there are more than one.  To say the 7 branches make a "set"-I don't buy that.  Not good customer relations or service at all.  They should be ashamed 

@Jtdmum   If someone purchases this item, once received, they can be refunded by zulily for the misleading description.  Zulily s very good at refunding for defective or damaged items, including lacking descriptions and color difference from the site picture of an item.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Wow, that is just not right....should read 1 sprig...or something like that.

@Mom2Dogs   I think someone should proof read descriptions, and notice if the color of an item in the site picture is far different from the actual color, but obviously, there is no such person.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Wow! That's one of the more egregiously misworded descriptions that I've seen on Zulily.  I've learned my lesson, too.  I don't buy anything breakable because it probably will arrive broken.  I cross my fingers when buying anything that is supposed to be a set of two or more because so many times, you only end up with one item.  

Zulily is getting better about packaging sets together so the warehouse people can pick them properly, but I can't count the number of dish towels that were supposed to be pairs and I only received one.

Zulily is great about refunding the money, but I would rather have the item.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Wow! That's one of the more egregiously misworded descriptions that I've seen on Zulily.  I've learned my lesson, too.  I don't buy anything breakable because it probably will arrive broken.  I cross my fingers when buying anything that is supposed to be a set of two or more because so many times, you only end up with one item.  

Zulily is getting better about packaging sets together so the warehouse people can pick them properly, but I can't count the number of dish towels that were supposed to be pairs and I only received one.

@Marsha2003   Agreed about holding your breath when a fragile item is on the way.  Once I ordered a pair of angels.  I received one, red, so another "set" was sent, again only one angel, but it was the other color, green, lol, so got my set.  The same happened with a set of two snowmen, received one in one position, so another "set" was sent, again, only one, but in the other position, lol, so I was happy, was worried I would receive duplicates of what I had.

I recently bought a mirror that was colored off white on the site, no mention of color, but when I received it, it was a garish gold!  I was refunded.  I once said to a customer service rep I didn't know how the company survived with having to refund so often, but it does.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@Marsha2003   Agreed about holding your breath when a fragile item is on the way.  Once I ordered a pair of angels.  I received one, red, so another "set" was sent, again only one angel, but it was the other color, green, lol, so got my set.  The same happened with a set of two snowmen, received one in one position, so another "set" was sent, again, only one, but in the other position, lol, so I was happy, was worried I would receive duplicates of what I had.

I recently bought a mirror that was colored off white on the site, no mention of color, but when I received it, it was a garish gold!  I was refunded.  I once said to a customer service rep I didn't know how the company survived with having to refund so often, but it does.

@mousiegirl Sounds like you've had some good luck to cancel out the bad.  What are the chances of receiving two damaged sets, not once but twice, and being able to make a complete undamaged set?  

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@mousiegirl Sounds like you've had some good luck to cancel out the bad.  What are the chances of receiving two damaged sets, not once but twice, and being able to make a complete undamaged set?  

@Marsha2003   No damage, just one half of each set as missing, but to receive what I did, I thought also, what are the chances that when sending the replacements, still each with a missing half, I received the exact one that was missing when first ordered and received.