ZULILY CHRISTMAS AT ZULILY 2019

[ Edited ]
Trusted Contributor

Re: ZULILY CHRISTMAS AT ZULILY 2019

Thanks @mousiegirl
I see temptation on every page. Luv
Valued Contributor

Zulily is a mystery to me. Every time I visit the site, I find their item descriptions to be inadequate. I was just looking at a pair of angel’s wings that are wall decor, and they didn’t even have the dimensions for them or a photo that could hint at the size from other objects in the photo. How could anyone buy something like that?

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

Zulily is a mystery to me. Every time I visit the site, I find their item descriptions to be inadequate. I was just looking at a pair of angel’s wings that are wall decor, and they didn’t even have the dimensions for them or a photo that could hint at the size from other objects in the photo. How could anyone buy something like that?

@MaryLamb  This happens, but not often.  I asked about this and was told it is what the manufacturer gives them.  I have gone online with the brand name and have discovered dimensions there.  Otherwise, I just pass by items that have no dimensions unless it is obvious from the picture. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing...this would have been great if it was offered a couple of days ago when the Ebates rate was 10%!

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb I agree that the descriptions are sometimes lacking but you can always call the customer service and they will help with dimensions and other questions about their products. I purchased a set of bowls and the dimensions were different from what was listed so I called and they refunded me the price and did not even want the bowls back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@MaryLamb I agree that the descriptions are sometimes lacking but you can always call the customer service and they will help with dimensions and other questions about their products. I purchased a set of bowls and the dimensions were different from what was listed so I called and they refunded me the price and did not even want the bowls back.

@GAQShopr53   I have never been given dimensions, as I said, they always say what is listed is what the manufacturers give them, so they refund because they don't know.

I think zulily should not offer any product with no dimensions.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@GAQShopr53   I have never been given dimensions, s I said, they always say what is listed is what the manufacturers give them, so they refund because they don't know.

@mousiegirl I totally agree with you...I was letting the poster know she can also call and ask about the dimensions...they should not list products without giving the correct dimension...even though they refunded me I was still a little frustrated because of the time spent waiting for the item to arrive only to be disappointed. 

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@GAQShopr53   I have never been given dimensions, s I said, they always say what is listed is what the manufacturers give them, so they refund because they don't know.

@mousiegirl I totally agree with you...I was letting the poster know she can also call and ask about the dimensions...they should not list products without giving the correct dimension...even though they refunded me I was still a little frustrated because of the time spent waiting for the item to arrive only to be disappointed. 

@GAQShopr53   Yes, once I bought an item that was pictured as a wall/door hanging, large, but when it arrived, it was an ornament, quite a difference,  I went around and around with them asking to return it as no cost to me, and finally, they agreed, but what a hassle.

Also, zulily's email customer service is terrible this year.  I used to get an almost immediate response, but after a few weeks, I finally called, and do not use the email system, or use it to send a picture so it is on file, hopefully, then call for a refund.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  THANKS for the heads-up! I just went on and found a Jim Shore snowman ornament for my SIL. Such a good price!