Super Contributor

Re: Your plans for New Year’s Eve or NY’s Day.

We never did anything for New Year.  I don't drink and my husband always said it was amature night and he wanted to stay off the roads.  I usually fall asleep by 9.  I'm no fun!

Honored Contributor

New Year's Eve afternoon .. our women's group is getting together for a few hours of wine and ???

New Year's Day ... no plans other than to relax and read / knit / eat.

Respected Contributor

We usually spend a quiet night at home on NYE and on the 1st, we're having company for dinner.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@jeanlake wrote:

So cold in the Central Midwest. We're thinking about staying home and inviting sis and bro-in-law over for cards and movie. We generally go to an expensive restaurant or dinner theatre with this couple or attend a neighborhood party. We're losing interest in parties and expensive, crowded venues on NYE. 

@jeanlake  I'm in southern MO and it was 9 degrees this morning again.  Supposed to get a reinforcement shot of cold air later in the weekend. I can't even imagine being any further north than I am during this crazy cold spell.

Stay warm and safe.

@lucymo

I'm sure everyone up north is laughing at us, it's been in the upper 30's for the high and folks are bundled up like they lived in the North Pole..LOL!!!..I had to remind my friends this is a nice FALL day where my brother lives and try 40 below for the high for winter days up north....We are supposed to be getting a slight warm up on Saturday, here and then a second blast of artic air to bring some cold weather for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.....maybe down to the teens for the lows.......Stay safe and warm! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo  Hi lucy - I'm near state line MO/KS (KC area). Went to college in Springfield, MO. You know it's cold when 35 degrees and sunshine sounds good! Stay warm.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@jeanlake wrote:

So cold in the Central Midwest. We're thinking about staying home and inviting sis and bro-in-law over for cards and movie. We generally go to an expensive restaurant or dinner theatre with this couple or attend a neighborhood party. We're losing interest in parties and expensive, crowded venues on NYE. 

@jeanlake  I'm in southern MO and it was 9 degrees this morning again.  Supposed to get a reinforcement shot of cold air later in the weekend. I can't even imagine being any further north than I am during this crazy cold spell.

Stay warm and safe.

@lucymo

I'm sure everyone up north is laughing at us, it's been in the upper 30's for the high and folks are bundled up like they lived in the North Pole..LOL!!!..I had to remind my friends this is a nice FALL day where my brother lives and try 40 below for the high for winter days up north....We are supposed to be getting a slight warm up on Saturday, here and then a second blast of artic air to bring some cold weather for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.....maybe down to the teens for the lows.......Stay safe and warm! 

We will get up in the mid thirties tomorrow and then back down again.  Hope when the week end is over it will warm back to normal again.  This is a mean winter in a large part of the country.  At least we don't have snow to contend with like in the northeast and upper midwest.  So always someone worse off than us. Take care and stay near some warm place.

@Spurt

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@lucymo  Hi lucy - I'm near state line MO/KS (KC area). Went to college in Springfield, MO. You know it's cold when 35 degrees and sunshine sounds good! Stay warm.  

@jeanlake  We're supposed to make the mid thirties tomorrow, a virtual heat wave compared to the past several days.  Throw another log on the fire and hibernate is my advice, unless you have to go to work, of course.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I’ll be home (my warm home!) with my cats. Perfection.

Me too. But I sometimes have to get into mama cat mode and protect my cat babies because often a neighbor sets off fireworks and they get so scared of the noise. So I'll probably be cuddling them in a fluffy blanket.🐱

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo  Fortunate to have the week off -- work in education.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

NY's day I will be attending a family brunch. I hope my youngest brother's wife doesn't show up loaded as she did on Christmas. She takes opioids, pot and alcohol and was practically incoherent. She is getting worse...