Respected Contributor

Re: Your plans for New Year’s Eve or NY’s Day.

@Mominohio  Hey, better late than never with  my reply!  I was not at work last week and not really getting on the bulletin boards either.  I did manage to get out of the house and at least to the gym almost every day last week, but there were a couple days when I was just too afraid to try to drive because it was snowing so hard.

On the radar, you could constantly see this band of lake effect snow just coming down across my city (Mentor), even when it wasn't snowing in other places.  We are not really in the primary snow belt, it usually blows south of here to Chardon and the rest of Geauga county.

Today, the sun is out (got another 3 inches last night though).  Where I live in Mentor (about 2 miles south of the lake shore), I think I have about 18 inches overall, but it's hard to measure because of the drifting!  We are supposed to be hit again this week.......sheesh.  I hope it just goes somewhere else!  With these temperatures, I can't wait to see my next all-electric bill.  You should venture out of the house now and then.......after awhile you actually start to get used to the cold!  Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@Patriot3  I'm sorry I'm so late replying to your post!  It's good to meet another Ohioan.  I'm in Mentor, which is 20 miles east of Cleveland.......the "secondary" snow belt, but this time we became the "primary" snow belt because it just kept snowing and snowing.  We actually have more snow than the traditional areas of Chardon and the rest of Geauga county.  Thankfully, the sun is out today, so no issues until the next one hits this week!  Take care and try to stay warm!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Patriot3, I'm another Buckeye.  I'm in North Central Ohio on the lake.  I'm west of Cleveland.  Not in the snowbelt or even the secondary snowbelt.  I'm always bummed because most of the snow misses us.  Smiley Sad

It did snow here almost all day New Years day but it didn't amount to much at all.  We pretty much stayed in but we were out New Years Eve until much later/earlier in the morning then usual.