Respected Contributor

Re: Your Home with Jill Holiday Edition Mini Series

I'm looking forward to this series.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

UPDATE: There will also be a two-hour You're Home with Jill show on the main channel this Wednesday afternoon/evening right before ITKWD, so those without access to Q2 can at least join in some of the fun! Smiley Happy

Looks like there will be at least 3 YHJ shows on QVC MAIN in October.  The easiest way to see the various dates and times is to search the program guide for Jill, and all will appear.

Good news for all of us who struggle to find an easy way to watch QVC2: Jill said that all 9 of her QVC2 YHJ shows will be streamed live on her facebook, so the videos will remain on her page to be watched later, fast-forwarded through, etc. 

You do not have to log in to Facebook to view the recorded YHJ shows.

Even though the video quality isn't great, I like being able to watch in this way the next day, or whenever I can.  I skip the items that don't interest me.  

I was glad to see the new Solare outdoor candles get a presentation.  I will probably get a set to use outside, but will hold out for free shipping for a while longer.  Even Jill wasn't able to provide the actual battery life, and just said hundreds of hours.  I like Solares in lanterns or up high in wall sconces.  The price is good.  Now if only we'll get a free shipping event.

Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone watch Jill's show yesterday???  I did and though it was a nice show, but there weren't too many 'new' products presented!!  The Plow and Hearth items and the Solare candles were newish, but not much else!! 

I would have liked to have seen innovative, creative items.  The sheets and blankets, the little illuminated Santas and trees, the Lenox ornaments, those over sized figures, Slatkin items....all those products have been around and have been presented many times!!  I was expecting more new and different!!

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

Did anyone watch Jill's show yesterday???  I did and though it was a nice show, but there weren't too many 'new' products presented!!  The Plow and Hearth items and the Solare candles were newish, but not much else!! 

I would have liked to have seen innovative, creative items.  The sheets and blankets, the little illuminated Santas and trees, the Lenox ornaments, those over sized figures, Slatkin items....all those products have been around and have been presented many times!!  I was expecting more new and different!!

@corita - I agree . . . but hopefully with eight more weeks to go, we'll get plenty of variety and new things overall. I couldn't believe how expensive the Plow & Hearth items were for what you get; the sled in particular seemed a little cheap and tacky to me.

Honored Contributor

I totally fell asleep and didn't see any of it.  I'll go back to Jill's FB page to watch some of it.

@loriqvc, some of that Plow & Hearth stuff is cute and some does look really cheap.  I bought my SIL the wooden stool (I got the dog) as a Christmas gift and it's really a nice stool.  I bought it at an intro. price of around $31.00 and now I see it's right around $40.00. 

I love the new snowman one they brought in but do I really want a wooden stool I have to put away for 6+ months out of the year?  No.   LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I totally fell asleep and didn't see any of it.  I'll go back to Jill's FB page to watch some of it.

@loriqvc, some of that Plow & Hearth stuff is cute and some does look really cheap.  I bought my SIL the wooden stool (I got the dog) as a Christmas gift and it's really a nice stool.  I bought it at an intro. price of around $31.00 and now I see it's right around $40.00. 

I love the new snowman one they brought in but do I really want a wooden stool I have to put away for 6+ months out of the year?  No.   LOL

@Lipstickdiva - I mainly mentioned the P&H items from last night because I was so surprised at how tacky they were. I almost always feel like P&H is expensive, but I rarely think their items seem far too expensive for the quality; even though my style only corresponds with about 10% of what they bring to the Q, I can typically at least understand why other people would want to buy the items.

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc I think Plow and Hearth things are priced too high.  We have their outlet store close by and I have picked up a few things from them at a greatly reduced price,  so when their metal things rust out fast or the solar lights die it is not so painful lol.