Valued Contributor

Re: Your Holiday Decorating Style...The usual? Or Changing it up this year?

@Buck-i-Nana, I just checked out the garland. Very pretty! I'm going to give it some thought, as I have a piine cone garland, new for this year, and may get something for it to blend in with. It's not very full, but lots of pinecones, and should be easy to work with. 

I loved the birch flameless candles that came up on the garland's page! I almost bought a set at Sam's Club last week in the birch, but they had glitter on them, and I didn't like that so much. I have the page bookmarked, so I can check back easily and give it a think. Thanks again for letting me know about this! pinky

Respected Contributor

@pinky ann wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana, I just checked out the garland. Very pretty! I'm going to give it some thought, as I have a piine cone garland, new for this year, and may get something for it to blend in with. It's not very full, but lots of pinecones, and should be easy to work with. 

I loved the birch flameless candles that came up on the garland's page! I almost bought a set at Sam's Club last week in the birch, but they had glitter on them, and I didn't like that so much. I have the page bookmarked, so I can check back easily and give it a think. Thanks again for letting me know about this! pinky

The only thing that concerns me about the white birch garland is that it's battery powered and I didn't notice if it has a timer.  Without a timer, I tend to forget to turn them on and more importantly off.

Valued Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@pinky ann wrote:

The only thing that concerns me about the white birch garland is that it's battery powered and I didn't notice if it has a timer.  Without a timer, I tend to forget to turn them on and more importantly off.

@Buck-i-Nana

I'm sorry to have taken awhile to post back. I never even considered the garland might be battery operated. I think it's a no go for me. WIthout a timer, I am the WORST at forgetting to turn lit things off, and would go broke buying batteries for something I'd like to use for several weeks even after the holidays.

Thanks so much for letting me know about this. I'll just buy the garland I saw that plugs in, and not worry about it. The candles I'll be rechecking to see if they have a timer, and what the battery life is. Where we live, this birchy, rustic look is great year round, but it has to make sense in ease of use too. I'll post back if I do get them. Ok? pinky

Honored Contributor

Well, it is just October 26th.  I'm still munching on candy corn enjoying my fall decorations.  I don't have any definite plans for Christmas decorations but I have some ideas going in my head.  We will be in our new Condo this Christmas.  The layout is different and the living/dining room is larger and I have full kitchen.  So, I'll be able to do more.  What....I don't know yet.  But I'm fairly certain that my colors will be a deep wine color with ivory and gold and greenery.  I've had a white tree in the living room for the past few years, I do think I will mix it up this year and go with a green tree.   Probably with white lights and gold/ivory/wine decorations.  Sadly, we have no cat this year so  while I will still use our artificial trees; I'm going to have fresh greenery throughout the house.  I'll put the white tree in the family room, I think.  That's where my mind is going now.  But it's still early.....I might see something fabulous and go in an entirely different direction.   

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@pinky ann - just saw a really interesting lit white birch garland on target's website.  Do a search for Holiday Lit Luminescence Birch Garland White.  It's not available at any of the stores near me, but can be ordered on-line.  I'm actually thinking of trying these.

Ohhhhhhh, that sounds amazing. 

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree

You'll have a ball decorating your new home! How nice to look forward to that. The garland Buck-i Nana posted is pretty, and unusual. The candles looked nice to me as well, and may be in the stores. I hope so anyway... 

Changing over to a green tree from white will make an impact on it's own. I hope you'll have a grand time putting things together in your new place. I'm loving my fall decor too, and enjoyed my Smores candycorn! lol I like to plan early for things especially since DH can't help much so I'm on my own.

Thanks for posting chrystaltree!