Respected Contributor

Re: Your Christmas day wardrobe....casual or dressy?

In the past when the kids were young, it was a little more dressy as we would visit relatives and sometimes have Christmas dinner at one of their house.  Now that the kids are grown, Christmas Day has quieted down a lot, even though we still spend the time together.  

As far as attire, it's casual with jeans and a holiday sweatshirt..probably the only time I put on a Quacker or Quacker-like seasonal top.   Breakfast is a french toast casserole, followed by gift opening.  Then, it's relaxing in the familyroom enjoying the warmth of the fireplace...followed by a nice dinner with my children and sister.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

It's been years since I've gotten to spend Christmas with my family, because they live so far away, and my job does not allow me to travel on the holidays.  I spend the holidays with my employees, who are professional stage actors from NYC, and my coworkers.  I usually host an elegant Christmas Eve dinner with a few special guests followed by a party for many others later in the evening.  I get really "gussied up" for that night.  I won't go into details, because it would cause lots of eye rolling. LOL.  On Christmas day, I generally dress a little less fancy, as we all get together for a potluck after the show (there's always a performance on Christmas night at my theatre).  This potluck happens usually in the bar at the theatre (it's a nice bar, nothing seedy). It's a very festive couple of days.  

@PeterDM

PeterDM, I love when people make Christmas special in a non traditional way. I think so many people get depressed over the holidays because they don't fit the mold of the Hallmark commercial or the movie of the week, when in fact, most families are disfunctional and there is a certain amount of misery during the holidays even with the traditional family unit.

Your holiday with friends sounds fun and loving. And I hope that at other times during the year you get to spend time with family. It really isn't about the date you are there, but the quality of the time spent with those special to you.

Respected Contributor

I seriously don't think any of us get out of our pajamas until the 26th!  

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

My globe trotting son will be home for xmas this year so every thing will be casual. The whole day will be very relaxed,we'll see a movie and go to a Chinese restaurant in the evening.

Honored Contributor

Regular clothes.

Honored Contributor

We dress casual, due to the fact we walk across the road to my parents house in the morning, and my husband and girls would go to his parents house that evening.  Now that my MIL is gone, and we are home to stay by mid afternoon, we change back into our pj's.   

Honored Contributor

Me - Casual, usually a turtleneck with jeans and a nice vest

DH - Casual, nice sports shirt with jeans

Our goal is comfort.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

We dress up for church in the morning. Then we change into more casual clothes for the rest of the day. My husband wears a suit and tie, and I wear a dress and pumps for church.  He will change into trousers and a shirt and I will usually wear a knit skirt, sweater, tights and boots for dinner at my sister's house later in the day.

Valued Contributor

I wear clothes. Everyone should thank me for that. LOL Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Casual and not a stay in my jammy kind of person.  I do like to give and wear Christmas pj's on Christmas Eve.  I enjoy that tradition.